WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
gilber33

1989 E30 325i Progress

3 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Pretty good detective skills. Close, but not quite though!

I did some digging this morning and after some google image searching, found that it's a universal washer pump from Autozone. :rolleyes:

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/windshield-washer-pump/taap-windshield-washer-pump/368548_44192_0

Luckily, the one down the street from where I work was able to get one in for this afternoon.

2 hours ago, The Full Banana said:

M5 washer pump. Sweet upgrade!

time for some ///M badges

Do the badges make the car faster?

Back to the e30. Anyone know of a machine shop in the Milwaukee area that would lighten a flywheel? I called CS Performance in Butler and they do not do it.

1 hour ago, gilber33 said:

Back to the e30. Anyone know of a machine shop in the Milwaukee area that would lighten a flywheel? I called CS Performance in Butler and they do not do it.

Why not buy a lighter flywheel?

Throwing this out there if anyone is interested. I think I'm going to be listing the e46 and get back into an older Volvo wagon. I'll obviously post a proper fs post with pictures.

2005 325iT. 134k miles. Base model (manual seats, rwd, does not have cold weather package). Starts, runs, and drives great. No CEL or other lights.  No rattles or clunks. Has the trunk cargo cover. I routinely get 30mpg to it on the highway and on our last family trip to Traverse City, MI we made it there on one tank of gas (~450 miles).

Work I've done to it:  

• New control arms
  • New sway bar links
  • New front pads and rotors
  • New windshield washer pump
  • New heater control valve
  • New fuel filter
  • New tires (put on 12/3/18)
  • New rear passenger window regulator
  • New windshield cowl
  • Passenger side seat airbag sensor emulator (to bypass seat sensor)
  • Have new serpentine belt and AC belt, just not installed.
  • New air filter

What it could use:

• Common e46 fuel gauge issues. It doesn't always read accurately right after filling it up, however, after a few starts the gauge reads as it should until you fill up again.
  • Could use a driveshaft center support bearing in the near future. Every once in a while you get the "rumble strip" feel.
  • I would do rear pads rotors at some point in the near future.
  • New key fob (or replace batter in the current one). I am going to try to get to the dealer to order a new one.
  • Tires should be balanced by an actual tire shop. After getting new tires there's a slight vibration at 60-65 in the steering wheel, but it's not bad, just a thing I noticed that others probably won't.

Asking $4,500obo for it based on what I can find for sale currently and what's been done to it. It's a great car, looking for something a little wider for the car seats.

20180917_124037.jpg

20180818_154248.jpg

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Oh man. I really want a Black E46 wagon. No rust I assume?

ughhh. Sadly I cant justify it with all these other projects I have at the moment. Trade you a MOMster truck?

lol.

There's a small bubble on the hatch in the handle area. Nothing nearly as bad as what I've seen on most e46s. :wacko: