WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum

gilber33

3 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Pretty good detective skills. Close, but not quite though!

I did some digging this morning and after some google image searching, found that it's a universal washer pump from Autozone. :rolleyes:

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/windshield-washer-pump/taap-windshield-washer-pump/368548_44192_0

Luckily, the one down the street from where I work was able to get one in for this afternoon.

2 hours ago, The Full Banana said:

M5 washer pump. Sweet upgrade!

time for some ///M badges

Do the badges make the car faster?

Back to the e30. Anyone know of a machine shop in the Milwaukee area that would lighten a flywheel? I called CS Performance in Butler and they do not do it.

Throwing this out there if anyone is interested. I think I'm going to be listing the e46 and get back into an older Volvo wagon. I'll obviously post a proper fs post with pictures.

2005 325iT. 134k miles. Base model (manual seats, rwd, does not have cold weather package). Starts, runs, and drives great. No CEL or other lights.  No rattles or clunks. Has the trunk cargo cover. I routinely get 30mpg to it on the highway and on our last family trip to Traverse City, MI we made it there on one tank of gas (~450 miles).

Work I've done to it:  

• New control arms
  • New sway bar links
  • New front pads and rotors
  • New windshield washer pump
  • New heater control valve
  • New fuel filter
  • New tires (put on 12/3/18)
  • New rear passenger window regulator
  • New windshield cowl
  • Passenger side seat airbag sensor emulator (to bypass seat sensor)
  • Have new serpentine belt and AC belt, just not installed.
  • New air filter

What it could use:

• Common e46 fuel gauge issues. It doesn't always read accurately right after filling it up, however, after a few starts the gauge reads as it should until you fill up again.
  • Could use a driveshaft center support bearing in the near future. Every once in a while you get the "rumble strip" feel.
  • I would do rear pads rotors at some point in the near future.
  • New key fob (or replace batter in the current one). I am going to try to get to the dealer to order a new one.
  • Tires should be balanced by an actual tire shop. After getting new tires there's a slight vibration at 60-65 in the steering wheel, but it's not bad, just a thing I noticed that others probably won't.

Asking $4,500obo for it based on what I can find for sale currently and what's been done to it. It's a great car, looking for something a little wider for the car seats.

20180917_124037.jpg

20180818_154248.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just caught up on the last 6 pages of this. Damn I miss having a clean E30. I'm really not a fan of gray cars since it's such a common color on the road, but I always make exception if the car is cool and has a red interior. It's just such a good looking combo. The wheels help this car a ton too. It just looks awesome. Sans the deer smashing the corner of the fender. Stupid nature. I'm gonna put extra miles on my V10 and V8 this year to hopefully kill some more nature with my pollution. 

10 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

just caught up on the last 6 pages of this. Damn I miss having a clean E30. I'm really not a fan of gray cars since it's such a common color on the road, but I always make exception if the car is cool and has a red interior. It's just such a good looking combo. The wheels help this car a ton too. It just looks awesome. Sans the deer smashing the corner of the fender. Stupid nature. I'm gonna put extra miles on my V10 and V8 this year to hopefully kill some more nature with my pollution. 

I agree. A car can have a boring exterior color if it has a really nice interior color. Same way but opposite too. It's either one or the other. 

On 12/16/2018 at 2:14 PM, i_love_cars said:

Thank you for the compliments and your contributions of ridding the world of its nature. 

Engine coming back out. 

20181217_222119.jpg

Confirmed the RMS

20181218_210316.jpg

And asleep for the winter. 

20181218_212837.jpg

Hoping the CPS being weirdly offset like this is contributing to my cutout issue when driving. 

20181218_213535.jpg

And, a couple of the new daily. I'm really liking it. Totally different than the 325i wagon, but I like being back in a Volvo and the swedish styling is great. I had a 2010 S80 for a little while and it is one of my more favorite interiors. 

20151113_141509.thumb.jpg.cea9474e5f4a09f7b1ef367605c49556_zpsjksrnilo.jpg

20181218_214401.jpg20181218_214431.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a lower mileage G260 to put in it and then will have a spare. Also got trunk carpets and sound deadening to get the trunk back together. Have some stuff off to Zach for powder coating. RHD flywheel should be here soon. Then I can start putting stuff back together . 

E182AFEF-9AE9-4222-A8DE-612CC2A2C912.jpeg

AF1AB12C-54E2-45E0-867A-6F3DAEE86FEF.jpeg

And enjoyed some of the warm weather to wash the car. Loving the new daily. 

29AE4042-208E-46DC-85D6-02C9E309A617.jpeg

Had an opportunity to get a lower mileage m20b25 for a good deal and they delivered it. Plans are to disassemble it and then rebuild it over the summer and maybe put it in next winter. I figured with the age of these cars having a spare drivetrain is a good idea. 

3928572F-0D0F-485B-8F76-1EBA9663583B.jpeg

Also working on cleaning up the spare g260. 

92A4062D-DA27-4FEC-86BF-1A9CAE079E4F.jpeg

• gilber33 changed the title to Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum