WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Non-BMW Stuff on a BMW Forum

gilber33

Wow!  What a transformation!  I'm still traumatized from replacing the floors in our last camper, no way I'd have the stomach for a project like this.  Very nice job and the good news is you put it back together 1000X better than they originally built it.

Pre-kids, I would have never thought of owning a camper.  Two kids and a dog later and we're on our 3rd camper.  From a pop-up to 26' TT and now our 31' TT with a slide out.  We did 6 trips this year with the kids and what makes it all worth it is when I was sitting outside my sons classroom for his 1:1 with his new teacher last week and when he was asked, "what did you do this summer?" the first thing he said was "We went camping so many times!".

Lemme know if you need any camp location suggestions!

2 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Very cool! Are you just doing solar for power?

I did a battery and a 120 hook up. It has electric heat and I'll put in AC this winter for when we have an electric site. Which I'll try to always have during the summer. But the electric heat gives us the ability to camp earlier and later. I may try to do solar for charging the battery, though. 

28 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Wow!  What a transformation!  I'm still traumatized from replacing the floors in our last camper, no way I'd have the stomach for a project like this.  Very nice job and the good news is you put it back together 1000X better than they originally built it.

Pre-kids, I would have never thought of owning a camper.  Two kids and a dog later and we're on our 3rd camper.  From a pop-up to 26' TT and now our 31' TT with a slide out.  We did 6 trips this year with the kids and what makes it all worth it is when I was sitting outside my sons classroom for his 1:1 with his new teacher last week and when he was asked, "what did you do this summer?" the first thing he said was "We went camping so many times!".

Lemme know if you need any camp location suggestions!

That's awesome! My kids are super excited. They play it in all the time. I have Harrington booked in a couple weeks for its test trip and Blue Mounds in November so we can do Cave of the Mounds, too. 

Next year we have WI Dells and Devil's Lake booked. I plan on doing Peninsula earlier in the year since all the electric sites are booked and Nelsen Dewey in August so we can check out Dubuque and Galena. Learning all about the games you gotta play to get some of the more desired parks. 

5 hours ago, gilber33 said:

That's awesome! My kids are super excited. They play it in all the time. I have Harrington booked in a couple weeks for its test trip and Blue Mounds in November so we can do Cave of the Mounds, too. 

Next year we have WI Dells and Devil's Lake booked. I plan on doing Peninsula earlier in the year since all the electric sites are booked and Nelsen Dewey in August so we can check out Dubuque and Galena. Learning all about the games you gotta play to get some of the more desired parks. 

We were actually just at Blue Mounds a couple weeks ago!  Very nice park with a couple parks for the kids.  Hiking is good and pretty easy.  If it's warm enough, the pool is VERY nice.  There is no fishing though, which was a bummer for me.  We'll definitely be going again.

We went to Harrington last year and it's cool to be that close to Lake Michigan and the beach is very nice.  Nice shower area too.  There's a raccoon issue there so keep garbage closed up.  The lake they have that is a filled in quarry is pretty.  I didn't catch any fish though.  To be honest I don't remember much else to do there.

1 minute ago, patsbimmer1 said:

We were actually just at Blue Mounds a couple weeks ago!  Very nice park with a couple parks for the kids.  Hiking is good and pretty easy.  If it's warm enough, the pool is VERY nice.  There is no fishing though, which was a bummer for me.  We'll definitely be going again.

We went to Harrington last year and it's cool to be that close to Lake Michigan and the beach is very nice.  Nice shower area too.  There's a raccoon issue there so keep garbage closed up.  The lake they have that is a filled in quarry is pretty.  I didn't catch any fish though.  To be honest I don't remember much else to do there.

We did Harrington earlier this year with my brother and his new camper. That's what started this whole thing. I enjoyed Harrington. The quarry and history is really cool and the beaches are nice. We'll only be there for two nights - I don't think I could stay at that one longer than that, but it's only 20 mins from our house so it's a good first trip with the camper. 

Overall I'm really excited to use it and for all of the new adventures we're going to have. And going places with the ability to stay for a few days at a fraction of the cost compared to getting an airbnb or hotel. 

• 3 weeks later...