WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Summer Scenic Drive to Road America July 7th UPDATED

B C

Summer Drive Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which day works best for you (multiple votes allowed)

• Saturday June 30th
    • Saturday July 7th
  2. 2. What time works best for you? (multiple votes allowed)

3. 3. What area should we drive

• Kettle Moraine North (West Bend to Road America)
    • Devils Lake (Madison to Devil's lake)

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, andyhundley said:

I meant to chime in here last week about the Shelby club running Saturday. 

I'll heckle them about gas mileage if you heckle them about side impact crash safety

A family friend has a Kirkham all-aluminum Cobra. The specs on it are just absurd. A built 428 cobra jet running EFI making ~700 hp and weighs under 2000 lbs 

Hopefully no one will be disappointed if they don't see too many Shelbys there.  If you like BMWs and Porsche GT3RS's, this is the event for you.

Last year I went to their event at Blackhawk to watch (and then got a ride in) my old SVO, now V8 powered.  Set up next to them was an SCCA EP e30 race car and next to that was an AMC Gremlin which was the factory backed IMSA car from the 70's.

This used to be a Ford only event, then had to change to stay alive.  Now there's really a wide variety of cars there, something for everybody. 

yeah NWSC is basically like every other HPDE group these days. Open registration for anyone as long as you pay the annual club membership fee. 

Glad I checked the forum. I spent the last month billing 120 hours a week and literally have had no concept of time. I was shocked to see this is only 2 days away hahah. I should probably dust the cobwebs off of the M3. I'm looking forward to this because I haven't done anything at all related to cars for 6 weeks now

I had such a great time today, thanks so much for everyone who came out to enjoy it! It was my first time at RA and it was like visiting heaven for a little bit. 

A few tidbits from the day:

The drive to the track was very good, the roads were exceptionally smooth and freshly paved with minimal traffic and the pack stayed together without too much difficulty.

This is what it looks, feels, and sounds like when @i_love_cars is behind you.

7D1196A8-5FF7-45F5-B9F3-6AC8D00326EC.jpeg.6266a335b70c093d773db1ec778bac93.jpeg

I freaking love your car

This happened because I was in a 335i.

1F534D70-DD95-4109-BDB6-6D1486907E27.thumb.jpeg.0bc8a9c27252a405c4fea876b086b92f.jpeg

Clear skies, perfect weather, and the view from the lunch spot. The Gearbox Melt could have been better but I had to give it a try.

4526F41D-DFE6-4D6C-88DF-260B425FE3D0.thumb.jpeg.fdccdb17780ba87c3dd47867a48443b9.jpeg

His an hers GT3 Cup Porsches

2A478CFF-73F1-4585-A3D7-5B2EA006E75E.thumb.jpeg.73c5c5a564a9e0e6baa7168ee6239e36.jpeg

We wandered through the paddock criticizing everyones cars and then some of us went to the Sargento bridge to get a better view. RA is a much more beautiful place than video games make it out to be haha!

Great to meet you @wally509, that E21 is just gorgeous and its great to see it being enjoyed! 

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day as much as I did

11 hours ago, snap said:

I had such a great time today, thanks so much for everyone who came out to enjoy it! It was my first time at RA and it was like visiting heaven for a little bit. 

A few tidbits from the day:

Great to meet you @wally509, that E21 is just gorgeous and its great to see it being enjoyed! 

Hope everyone else enjoyed the day as much as I did

Great to meet everyone as well.  Thanks for being friendly to the new guy (me), who also happens to be the old guy (me).

I wish I could have driven up with you guys, that mishap boils down to me being an idiot.  RTFM, in this case read the f-ing MAP, I went back and looked at it this morning.  Where I pulled over to wait for the last group was already North of the exit from 45, which is why I never saw anybody.

Later,
Wally

Definitely was a perfect day for it and a lot of fun. 

Unfortunately it made me realize how much I need to force myself to dedicate time for track days again. Especially since we ran in to some of my old track buddies who were on track yesterday. I've clearly been focusing too much on money and not enough on fun. I am now officially looking for a ragmuffin trackrat E46 M3.

Thanks for organizing this, it was great to see people, fast cars, hundreds of missed apexes at Canada Corner, and a muffler flying off of an E30. 

45 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

Definitely was a perfect day for it and a lot of fun. 

Unfortunately it made me realize how much I need to force myself to dedicate time for track days again. Especially since we ran in to some of my old track buddies who were on track yesterday. I've clearly been focusing too much on money and not enough on fun. I am now officially looking for a ragmuffin trackrat E46 M3.

Thanks for organizing this, it was great to see people, fast cars, hundreds of missed apexes at Canada Corner, and a muffler flying off of an E30. 

*CCCCOOOOUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

https://www.copart.com/lot/33035828

On 7/8/2018 at 5:15 AM, snap said:

Ive been to ALMS at Miller Motorsports Park which was cool, but I get a bigger thrill seeing regular folks building regular cars and driving them for some reason.

Come to the Hawk vintage races in less than 2 weeks, it's a lot of regular folks.  I will have a campsite and there is a large group of Wibimmers folks in the carousel too.