WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2018 AutoX Events

straight6pwr

I know there are a few people here participating (or claiming they will) in some AutoX this year.  I assume anyone with a current project e30 won't be seen in 2019. 🤪

If anyone is wanting to try, come along! its easy to learn, and all you need is a Snell M/DOT motorcycle helmet at a minimum, and most events have loaners, and some of us have a spare. 

Use this thread to post what you are attending so others can join/spectate/car pool in Snap's minivan. Obviously, people's plans change, so if you are going expecting to see someone, you might want to double check with them beyond this thread. 

Event lists:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/

http://scca-milwaukee.org/about/calendar/

Date/Event/Who's going

June 24th / MSCC Autocross #3 (Cambridge, WI) / straight6pwr (Dan) , HipMF (Mike)

July 8th / FVSCC USAIR Autocross (Shawano, WI) / straight6pwr (Dan), KaiserRolls (Mitch), HipMF (Mike)

August 19th / SCCA Solo (Miller Park) / m42b32 (Joe)

October 7th / SCCA Solo (Miller Park) / m42b32 (Joe)

51 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

Saw that, wasn't sure it was worth the extra cost over a regular auto-x. It is $175 for non members! Thoughts?

Never done one. Track based rather than parking lot, no cones. If I understand it correctly it's typically a DE event for part of the day (morning) and then the afternoon is a Time Trials, kind of like parking lot in that you are classed and get multiple runs (not sure on #) to post your fastest lap. Cars are spaced out on course.  Higher speeds of course, and track based so damage potential is greater than cone scuffs.

2 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Shawano event is full

balls. I get it, but I still find the whole online registration thing to be pretty annoying. Added myself to the waitlist...

1 hour ago, Boris3 said:

Never done one. Track based rather than parking lot, no cones. If I understand it correctly it's typically a DE event for part of the day (morning) and then the afternoon is a Time Trials, kind of like parking lot in that you are classed and get multiple runs (not sure on #) to post your fastest lap. Cars are spaced out on course.  Higher speeds of course, and track based so damage potential is greater than cone scuffs.

I was looking at this too. Would be a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if I trust myself enough not to pile the car into a wall/berm/etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Pics from today's autox:

zJHyA5J.jpg

pk6qWRJ.jpg

x5SkGH9.jpg

1qoLRXb.jpg

8Z9lSjq.jpg

DsYsUcL.jpg

Z7VkD3r.jpg

I stood in the same place the whole first heat, and then had responsibilities my other off-heat, but I managed to get a couple good shots.

This guy actually had pretty clean runs most of the day, but gave me my best cone-slaying pics early in the first heat:

8IP50NP.jpg

TAfLioF.jpg

K2qXpVb.jpg

Good times. Very happy with my car and driving for the day. Looking forward to the next one.