WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

16x9.5 Crenshaw Classics Titanium Wheels “Very Light and Rare” 5x120

Jdesign

Up for sale is a nice original set of Crenshaw classics that I have been holding onto. I really don’t want to sell these extremely rare wheels, but another set of wheels that I could actually use came up for sale, and I need to off load some of my wheel collection. These wheels are 2 piece construction, lip and barrel is 1 piece welded from the factory and the face is removable via chrome plated hardware. The face itself is cast from Titanium. These wheels are extremely light (just shy of 15lbs each) even though they look to be heavy with the larger face.

This set originally came off a corvette, and they have all of the original center caps with all of the original logos intact. Brand new in 1980, one wheel retailed for $499.95. With inflation that is approximately $1,465.18 per wheel if these were new in 2018!!!!

Although none of the wheels have any bends, they are a 35 year old wheel, and do have some scratches and have been sitting for quite a few years and it shows. I was planning to rebuild them to like new condition, but I have since decided that if I can sell these quick to free up space and funds, I rather do that than rebuild them. I did take some polish to one of the lips and it shined up almost effortlessly. I may end up polishing them and updating pictures if I find time. The chrome plated hardware should be replaced or refinished. There are areas of the chrome starting to separate and light rust is showing underneath. The faces have a very thin (factory looking) layer of light blue paint that was probably factory matched to the car when new. This paint is chipped and dull in areas and could use a refresh. The ONLY repair was made to one of the center caps at some point via epoxy in place of the metal studs to hold the logo in place. This is easily fixable and does not affect the visual appearance or structural integrity of the wheels whatsoever.

-SPECS-
Crenshaw Classics 

Construction: Aluminum and Titanium
Front: 16x9.5
Rear:16x9.5
Lug pattern: 5x120 or 5x4.75
Offsets: (around +38 ET) high offsets (perfect for adapters if need be)

-- Price $N/A

This is the cheapest Crenshaws you will find in this condition and in these widths. Every set that I  have seen online in this condition and complete has sold for $1000+ 

I have other wheels I will be listing too so I am in no rush to move on these.

IMG_6389.JPGIMG_7690.JPGIMG_7691.JPGIMG_7692.JPGIMG_7693.JPGIMG_7694.JPGIMG_7695.JPGIMG_7696.JPG

IMG_6399.JPGtrixx_zps40dc4e10.jpgIMG_6390.JPGIMG_6391.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...