WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Help me find wheels

B C

Question

Criteria:

Bolt Pattern: 4x100

Size: 16 x 7, 7.5, or 8  (still not sure what my best width option will be)

Offset: Not sure yet, but I can always use spacers

Color: Silver/gray/gunmetal,  no gold, no bronze, no black

Brand: Does not matter as long as it is not an ebay multiple-label type brand.  I am good with brands like Rota, XXR, Avid, Konig, etc. Something

Style: 5 spoke, spokes should be fat, should be somewhat deep dish (at least an inch or more)

I am trying to find something similar in design to an OZ Futura. 

modfut2.jpg

I see the Keskin KT1 but its a european wheel and so far I havent found any distributors where I could buy some new in the US

s-l1600.jpg

Even the XXR-532 is a close enough design match but covered lugs/something that isnt black would be preferable.

Image result for xxr wheels

Lets see if you can find or know of anything that might match

24 answers to this question

Funny thing, ive visited ESM's site quite a bit in the last year but was fixated on their bottlecap style wheel but the ESM bottlecap style wheel just looked a little bit off so I moved on. The Impul Silhouette is more along the lines of what I would want in a bottlecap style wheel. I haven't been back to ESM since I have decided on a style of wheel. Thanks for mentioning it. 

I'd be looking for this with a flat center cap 

ESM-009R SL 16"

along the lines of this 

DSCN3853.jpg

9 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

you'd have to buy real Borbets + buy flat caps, or, have them custom made for anything off-brand.

the ones you posted on the white car are clearly custom-made for the ESM brand wheels

Yup.

Is there a reason you want "NEW" wheels?

Why not get something that is a quality used wheel that isnt made from chinesium? 

Also: What is the price range for 400 Bob? ___________

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Yup.

Is there a reason you want "NEW" wheels?

Why not get something that is a quality used wheel that isnt made from chinesium? 

Also: What is the price range for 400 Bob? ___________

New gives me control over getting exactly what I want with no curb rash or compromises such as color, offset, or running adapters.

Price range = HA! well,  low enough to cause ridicule. Go easy on me...~$750

The way I have to play the game is: I could have a worn out leaking  S52 and real BBS wheels on budget all season tires, or a freshened up modded M52 and cheap wheels on good rubber. There are compromises.

Thanks for the feedback so far

15 minutes ago, snap said:

The way I have to play the game is: I could have a worn out leaking  S52 and real BBS wheels on budget all season tires, or a freshened up modded M52 and cheap wheels on good rubber. There are compromises.

Nothing wrong with that at all!

Have you considered 15" wheels? There are a bunch of affordable spec e30 wheels(euroweave fitment), plus 15" rubber has a much better selection/prices. Some examples:

Dforce LTW5 (15x7 et25): https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1430-d-force-ltw5-15x70-et25-silver-wheel-13lbs-e30-318iis-325iis/

Kosei K1 (15x7 et25): https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=KR22S&wheelMake=Kosei&wheelModel=K1 Racing&wheelFinish=Silver Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=BMW&autoModel=325i&autoYear=1989&autoModClar=

I'm not a big fan of the 15" version, but...Team dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (15x7 et25): http://www.bimmerworld.com/Wheels-Tires/Wheels/Team-Dynamics-Pro-Race-1-2-15x7-E30.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl_jN_Jif2wIVyySBCh3bGwHWEAQYASABEgI9wvD_BwE

32 minutes ago, snap said:

15" wont do unless they are euroweaves, the wheels must be 16" to be worth making a move. 

AMEN brotha. 16's are where its at. 

$750 is a good price for what you are looking for and I would think you could easily find something that isnt cheap junk. 

Also, do you know how to work an aerosol paint can?

Rota Slipstream became popular back in the day as one of the only direct fit 16x8 wheels

it may be hard to find a set new, but used ones are out there.

you can get new silver ones in 16x7, but 16x8 is only black/gunmetal etc

https://www.18racing.com/collections/slipstream/products/rota-slipstream-1670-4x100-40-67-1-full-polish-steel-grey

23 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

compo's look great, although those are 17s and scarily redrilled!

available in 16x8 through custom order $$$$

https://www.comp.co.uk/products/product.asp?item=th1680-82-223

Compomotive TH's are amazing!

That black car has Impul Silhouette's, they're no longer in production and tough to find unfortunately 

After looking at the Impul/Compo TH/etc, the ESM version of those large bottle caps/turbine wheels does look a bit off

Edit: I think it's the center caps. The ESM wheels look pretty cool if you leave them off:

12213844885_6303a4260d_b.jpg

Dunno if you found a set of wheels yet but ac schnitzer and ccw lm5 have a similar look. AC Schnitzer can be found all over ebay and internet if you're looking for used. CCW is American made so even though they're more rare in the used market, you can order easily from them.  Other 5 spoke wheels I can think of are Work equip 05 and meisters,