WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Phishing Attempt?

B C

8078181d8e16b1cf51423c8c42bd32a2.jpg

This feels like a phishing attempt.

Has anybody else received an email like this?

I know these types of notifications can be legit but there are a couple red flags that made this one seem a bit phishy.

Perhaps a no longer active member who actually lives in California and complained about the security of the site is trying to pull a “told ya so”? [emoji12]

Nobody has anything to benefit from logging in as snap on wibimmers.com unless they really wanted to change some member titles or make a troll post in my build thread telling a huge lie about how good my car runs right now

9 hours ago, snap said:

Perhaps a no longer active member who actually lives in California and complained about the security of the site is trying to pull a “told ya so”? emoji12.png

YIKES. you aren't worth my time kiddo.

ps. do research on what an ssl cert is, and how it protects you from things other than making shitposts on some random forum

Tapatalk is disabled for the time being, they haven't updated it to work with the latest version of the forum software. Supposedly they'll have a fix within a week but for now you'll just have to use the mobile site. 

Anybody locked out will be able to attempt 15min after the last failed attempt, so by 3:50pm at latest. Email admin@wibimmers.com or PM me with any issues.