WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BBS RE 847 - square 18x8, et35

m42b32

Hey everyone,

I just purchased a new bike, and bikes are expensive, so I've decided to sell my set of BBS RE 847 wheels. I would really like to keep them (aka hoard stuff), but I don't plan on running them any time soon so they are the first things to go. 

Specs: 18x8, et35, 5x120, 72.6mm center bore

Some details: These are the die-forged version of BBS's CH, and are lightweight for their size (approximately 20lbs per wheel, with much of weight concentrated in the center to reduce the moment of inertia) and very strong. They look awesome too! You can find them on BBS's website here: http://www.bbs-usa.com/road_wheels/wheel_details.cfm?wheel=8. These are usually around $800 each new, and ECS just recently started selling them for $3k per set! They come with the original black/gold 3D center caps, and the original BBS metal valve stems. The tires are pretty much junk (225/40/18 Continental Extremecontact DW, down to the wear bars, you could easily fit wider rubber on an e36). They have very little rash, a few scratches here and there, and clean up pretty well. They do have some paint peeling on the sides of the spokes near the back edges, its not terrible but a refinish would be needed to make them perfect. These fit my e36 M3 perfectly with no rubbing or spacers needed, and would also fit great on an e46, e9x and many others. They have massive amounts of clearance for large brakes as well and would make for an excellent/lightweight set of track wheels. There are no bends or cracks.

Pics on my car:

32748441883_ccf83a1172_b.jpg

27112180560_556c53af5a_b.jpg

25109045913_cbb07947fa_b.jpg

Here is one of the wheels from when I picked them up, the condition really hasn't changed. I only ran them in the summer and am very careful about curbs/potholes/etc:

24560094699_49aae9e31c_b.jpg

I will get updated pictures of the wheels and any/all blemishes by the end of the weekend! I'll have them up on here first, and they will go to facebook/craigslist in about a week.

Asking $1000 obo (active WIBIMMERS member price, will be posted higher elsewhere). I am in Milwaukee. 

Not really interested in any trades, unless you have stuff I need from my swap parts wanted thread, then we can figure something out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...