WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 Picnic 2018

///M_3

On 5/3/2018 at 6:58 PM, timmer said:

Anyone else plan on heading down from the Central Wisconsin/Fox Valley area? We’ll be shooting over from Waupaca... We had a good crew last year!

I know Ben, Mike, and possibly others (myself included) would be heading down from Appleton area.

3 hours ago, suspenceful said:

I know Ben, Mike, and possibly others (myself included) would be heading down from Appleton area.

Way to be optimistic!

I did put a few more miles on my car. 90% sure it will make it there and back, and if not, it will be a good story.

Still thinking I will be going. Anybody recommend any hotels, garages, spare rooms or hallways that have good reviews that I can keep on standby if I dont feel like driving home the same day? 😁😁 4 hours there 4 hours back is a pain in the butt. Especially when I have to get up and going at 5am

1 hour ago, Rekpoint said:

Still thinking I will be going. Anybody recommend any hotels, garages, spare rooms or hallways that have good reviews that I can keep on standby if I dont feel like driving home the same day? 😁😁 4 hours there 4 hours back is a pain in the butt. Especially when I have to get up and going at 5am

Sheesh. Didn't realize you lived in Europe!

He asked for hotel recommendations around Waukesha and suggested at least getting a head start on the trip home before crashing and that nobody would mind if he slept on top of/inside Earl's black ti at your shop. Other honorable suggestions are in Chris' semi, in a waterslide at the Dells, or at a frat house at UW. Those are all places I think I could get a high quality nap in. 

12 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I have no problem letting you crash by my place if need be. I'm only a couple minutes off I-94 in Dousman. Garage, barn, spare bedroom, camping in the yard are all options haha.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, snap said:

As usual, all are welcome to meet up at the Hale interchange park & ride, from there we will caravan to the picnic.

Originally I had wanted to go on a bit of a scenic drive to get there through the Kettle Moraine this time, but I think i'd rather focus that time and energy enjoying the picnic and do a Kettle Moraine cruise sometime else.

I will be at the park and ride at  around 9:00a, we will leave at 9:30a and take a slightly more rural and leisurely route there than what a GPS might suggest.

https://goo.gl/maps/rsyQXFJHMSJ2

i don't know if b-ryan is still coming, but i'll still be showing up at the this park and ride as planned. we will leave sharply at 9:30 so don't be late if you want to meet there.

4 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

i don't know if b-rYan is still coming, but i'll still be showing up at the this park and ride as planned. we will leave sharply at 9:30 so don't be late if you want to meet there.

I will be there for sure. Could be in a van, could be in an E30, but I will be there.