WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 Picnic 2018

///M_3

As usual, all are welcome to meet up at the Hale interchange park & ride, from there we will caravan to the picnic.

Originally I had wanted to go on a bit of a scenic drive to get there through the Kettle Moraine this time, but I think i'd rather focus that time and energy enjoying the picnic and do a Kettle Moraine cruise sometime else.

I will be at the park and ride at  around 9:00a, we will leave at 9:30a and take a slightly more rural and leisurely route there than what a GPS might suggest.

https://goo.gl/maps/rsyQXFJHMSJ2

On 4/26/2018 at 8:56 PM, P_Roloff said:

Anyone from Madison planning on going? I’ll be driving down to meet with the rest of the MKE guys at the park and ride.

Edit: Can’t believe I forgot @YoungCR and co. 

@Jdesign @vbhargava @cpandrewschmidt @AlpineE30

I'm down for driving from the Madison area.

My shop is on the east side and is always an option as a gathering spot if that sounds like a good idea to anyone else? I would say arrive between 8:30-9am and we can head out at 9am.

@P_Roloff @vbhargava @cpandrewschmidt @AlpineE30 @MattY @YoungCR 

7 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

My shop is on the east side and is always an option as a gathering spot if that sounds like a good idea to anyone else? I would say arrive between 8:30-9am and we can head out at 9am.

Sounds good to me, I’m in. 

5 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Unless something comes up count me in! 

I'm planning on being there in a BMW of some sort... I've got maybe 4 or 5 miles on the e21 since re-assembly. Will hopefully have everything mostly safe and road-legal next weekend so I can put some shakedown miles on it. Next choice would be the compact. If that breaks down, I still have the e34, but the reg-o is expired...

Currently the plan would be to roll down with the Appleton crew (if there is one...) and then meet up with the MKE crew for the final cruise to the meet.

Edit: If there's anyone else that's interested in meeting up in Appleton for the cruise down, let me know. Our shop is right off 41(close to a Kwik Trip, and 3 miles away from e85😀) so it's as good a meeting place as any...

On 4/30/2018 at 8:40 AM, Jdesign said:

Thanks for the tag. Gonna miss this year due to another trip. We should do something in June in Madison.