WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisO

FK Streetline coilovers on M3

I've been looking for some new coilovers for my M3 and I'm on a pretty tight budget. I've heard great things about the FK Streetline coilovers, but I can't find them for the M3 anymore. On ECS solowerks coilovers for the M3 are $499, but I was able to find the non-M3 FK Streetline coilovers for just $250 new. Seems like a really good deal, I remember when they were $500 on ECS just like the Solowerks. I know the only difference is the front sway bar link connects to the control arm instead of the coilover with the non-M3 coilovers. Is there really any noticeable difference in performance with having the sway bar connect to the control arm instead of the coilover? My budget is right around $500, maybe up to $650 for something like Megan EZ-Street coilovers. If I try and go with $1000 coilovers my car is gonna be sitting in my garage for the first 1/3 of summer.

FWIW I owned a set of Streetlines on an e36.  I liked them for what they were which was a cheap coilover but certainly not as good as the Bilsteins I had on my e90.  Seriously though, hit me up about pricing because I can get you a great deal on something you might have thought you couldn't afford.

14 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

FWIW I owned a set of Streetlines on an e36.  I liked them for what they were which was a cheap coilover but certainly not as good as the Bilsteins I had on my e90.  Seriously though, hit me up about pricing because I can get you a great deal on something you might have thought you couldn't afford.

PM'd!

16 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I had Solowerks on my E90 before the current one. 
I preferred the Solowerks over the Bilstein's. The solowerks were a much more aggressive spring rate, but man did they make the car feel planted. The Bilstein's feel wobbly and do some weird stuff. Almost tempted to go back. 

so, +1 for solowerks