WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M2 Competition

i_love_cars

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487328

Discuss. 

I'll get things started with the fact that the wheels objectively look like dogshit ebay knockoffs of real style 359s, and everyone who has an M2 prior to this should hold onto it because their N55 actually sounds good, and throwing a detuned S55 into this new M2 is probably the worst thing that could have happened to the car. 

I'm torn.

I like the fact that they increased braking and cooling capabilities, but other than that I'm not really impressed. I agree, I'd rather have an engine with a little more soul and better noise instead of ~40 extra horsepower, especially when that kind of power increase can be achieved relatively easy on the n55. I'm indifferent on the wheels, they're not really that bad but they're not really that good either. I feel the same way about most of BMW's current wheel offerings actually, there really isn't much that stands out or catches my eye.

Not a fan at all of the blue seat accents. Make it all black, and if you need another color have just offset color stitching. Even better, give us multiple color options on the interior, I think the alpine white with a cardinal or tan interior would look amazing. Also, I personally would rather have the development money for an illuminated headrest logo go towards something meaningful, like anything else.

Big fan of the reported $2500 price increase over the car it replaces, I applaud them for not making it stupid expensive like some of the M4 variants.