WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
vbhargava

Transport Services - Gigi Line Inc

At the request of @YoungCR I am putting up information about my recent GREAT experience with a transport company. I always buy used cars from non-rust states so transport services are becoming more necessary. 

In full transparency, I went through a broker for this one but plan to go direct and save money next time. It cost me $1000 (most companies quote $1200) to ship a car from the Bay Area to Madison WI. Going direct I was told the price would come down to between $800 and $875. My driver, Alex, makes California <--> WI runs every week and I really appreciated that he was a fellow enthusiast, see Instagram

Their trucks appear to be newish and can support lowered cars w/o damage. The driver was professional, polite & kept me informed. I'm not 100% sure they have enclosed trailers but it's worth asking them. 

Contact Information:

GIGI LINE INC

2719 Seiler Dr
Naperville, IL 60565
MC Number: 895783
Phone: 847-378-8901
Email: gigiline.inc@gmail.com

image.png

Los Angeles to Waukesha for my car was $500 but it took 4-5 weeks and the roof got beat to hell. 

Las Vegas to Milwaukee for my Infiniti was ~$775. coincidentally I'm pretty sure Alex/ GIGI was who I had used. I was pleased with them.

The biggest mistake you can make in your life is entering your phone number into a transport service  website for a quote. I had nearly non-stop emails, texts, and phone calls for the next 4 hours after, and a solid 5-10 per day for the next 3 weeks, mostly followups to people i hadnt responded to

30 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

Sweet. This opens up the purchase pool! Do folks have local contacts on west coast (Bay Area or other) they trust to do formal or informal ppi's?

I've got a network in the Bay Area so reach out when you have a car. I'll do my best to help.