WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Going to Road America?

SteelBlue

I work with the track, so I am there quite frequently for all of the main events through out the year. Always looking for other people to walk around the track and drink with. If you're going to any events, reach out to me and let me know, would love to put a couple names to some faces.

If you aren't going, I am inviting you to do so. You're on this forum because you like cars, come watch the best cars at the best track in the best country. Believe me, folks.

But for real, Vintage and Indy Car are the big ones. Let me know.

Im still hoping to organize an August/Sept. WIBIMMERS meet and drive that goes to Road America and either tours the facilities a bit or just get to hang out within the premises at the end of the drive. If you have any dates/info/tips/ideas please chime in!

I would be interested, I’ve been wanting to go there for some time for HPDE and stuff. OP thanks for the invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, snap said:

Im still hoping to organize an August/Sept. WIBIMMERS meet and drive that goes to Road America and either tours the facilities a bit or just get to hang out within the premises at the end of the drive. If you have any dates/info/tips/ideas please chime in!

Well there is a BMW corral on the bottom of the main straight hill on the outside of turn 14. I've seen some pretty good stuff there over the years. If people are looking to get a little bit of a tour of the track I'd love to show people around. I put together a large Road America guide on the Indy Car subreddit that I can try to find and post here for those who have not been.

After work I'll post up the schedule for the main events that people might be interested in.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:15 PM, snap said:

When is this?

What is this?

Am I invited?

Im not from here.

Be there!  Bring the kiddos.  My 6 year old will be coming, it's a lot of walking so I don't bring the smaller ones.  There's brats, beer, cars, etc.  Generally really friendly people in the pits during the Hawk vintage.  I don't know how many people asked my daughter if she wanted to sit in their racecar.

1 hour ago, jc43089 said:

Be there!  Bring the kiddos.  My 6 year old will be coming, it's a lot of walking so I don't bring the smaller ones.  There's brats, beer, cars, etc.  Generally really friendly people in the pits during the Hawk vintage.  I don't know how many people asked my daughter if she wanted to sit in their racecar.

Do you camp with your kids? or does that not go well? 

http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/the-weathertech-international-challenge-with-brian-redman-presented-by-hawk-vintage-cars.html

Does the $75 track touring mean you get to go drive the track in your own car? if so, how slowly do they allow you to drive? 

1 hour ago, snap said:

Do you camp with your kids? or does that not go well? 

http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/the-weathertech-international-challenge-with-brian-redman-presented-by-hawk-vintage-cars.html

Does the $75 track touring mean you get to go drive the track in your own car? if so, how slowly do they allow you to drive? 

Yea we tent camped last year, she was just turned 5.  It depends on the kid but she did great, she has been talking about it ever since and sets up a pretend tent "at the races" in the living room.  It is our time to just hang out together which is great.  This year my brother in law and his son are coming too and they have a popup camper so that will be a little nicer if it rains.  We got soaked one night when it downpoured inside of our super high quality ancient walmart tent.