WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
patsbimmer1

New build! E90 M3

My Amazon eye bolts came in today!  They were 100mm in length so they required some trimming and die work but work just fine.  $10 eye bolts>$70 BMW cash grab.  I've thought about painting them black but I've also reminded myself it's my trunk and nobody will ever see them that's conscious/alive so silver they'll stay.

Also, I gave them a try with a much more reasonable load of beer this past weekend and they passed the roundabout challenge!

IMG_20200415_122354.jpg

8 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

How was this not the photo you posted?! 
That looks like a pretty slick cargo hold setup!

I was so excited to get the beer in my trunk and then out and start drinking it that I completely forgot!

I did a little spit shine on Sunday then took the family to get some blue moon ice cream at Leducs in Waukesha. I live this old man paint more and more when I see it. It's so dynamic in different light and showcases the creases and arches really well.  We soaked it then scrubbed it with some Meguiars wash/wax soap then I came at it with my orbital and Meguiars Mirror Glaze M2 on a foam shower cap. It does a nice job removing some difficult water spots but it's evident that I need a rotary to really make the paint perfect.  I'd like to try the Chemical Guys Hydroslick once it's back in stock and I need to do a wheel off cleaning of my wheels.  They're filthy.  Don't judge me.

IMG_20200419_124625.jpgIMG_20200419_130614.jpgIMG_20200419_155822.jpg

4 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

fitting

Let me know when you can buy beer legally you birthday imposter.

2 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Judged

Fuck.  I knew this day would come.  Please forgive me and my dirty wheels!

20 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

The first 24 pack bought legally will be dedicated to you ❤️ 

All 2 of them before you get buzzed and take a nap?  I can't wait!  You have no idea how good my memory is either, I'll remember this day and hold you to it.

1 minute ago, patsbimmer1 said:

All 2 of them before you get buzzed and take a nap?  I can't wait!  You have no idea how good my memory is either, I'll remember this day and hold you to it.

I can smash 8 before anything like that happens. You have my word.😆

I installed a red start button from Amazon and China fucked it up so I exchanged it and that was also fucked up but less fucked so I installed it to see if I liked it. Well, the family took the M3 to Leducs for ice cream tonight and my wife noticed the button.  To emphasize how strange this is I will say that my wife still hasn't noticed I went catless.  Anyways, she noticed it and said it looked stupid and she liked the black button better and she was right.  Long story short I reinstalled the black button at 11:30 tonight.  There's no pictures and this was a largely pointless post.