WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New build! E90 M3

patsbimmer1

Well, my 335i is off to a new home this week! Its bitter sweet to see her leave. It was the nicest car I had ever bought! I've had a lot of great memories in that car. From road trips to Kentucky and Iowa to late night cruises and early morning meet ups.  My son was brought home from the hospital in the car a couple days after the water pump died and I_love_cars came over and replaced it while I rolled his fenders.  But everything comes to an end and so must my time with her. 

Now excuse me while I go look at flights...

13 hours ago, bk335 said:

LT1 F-Bodys are great performance bargains! My good buddy has one with long tubes and full exhaust and it sounds menacing. They can take some HUGE tires up front (305 probably) and are double wishbone up front. Not bad for $4-5k typically. 

Somebody fell victim to the title change. 😂 One of my best friends in high school had a LT1 F-Body too, The house would shake when it started up haha. 

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

First of all, I love FJ's!  Second, that's a supercharger for a 1MZ-FE which is the same engine my Avalon has... #jdmtyte

First of all, have you owned an FJ? FJ40's are cool, cruisers are not.

Secondly I didnt do very good research. I just googled TRD SC and your image showed up on a FJ forum. My bad.

image.png

Either way, anything is cool with a blower on it........... Unless its an FJ Cruiser, then that's just "trying to be cool". 

I group them together with H3 hummers, Jeep liberty's, and most Mom suv's like Ford Edge's. 

3 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Secondly I didnt do very good research. I just googled TRD SC and your image showed up on a FJ forum. My bad.

image.png

Either way, anything is cool with a blower on it........... Unless its an FJ Cruiser, then that's just "trying to be cool". 

I group them together with H3 hummers, Jeep liberty's, and most Mom suv's like Ford Edge's. 

Meh, you got me lol.  I lazily googled supercharged 1MZ-FE and did zero fact checking.  I have not owned one but I have driven a few of them and I loved every second of it and they look awesome and I have no shame in saying it!  Have you owned one?!  They are WAY nicer than the shitboxes you listed.  H3's and Liberty's should have been an abortion from the beginning and the Ford Edge is just confused.

6 hours ago, Jdesign said:

image.png

I agree on the fj40 and would like to add the fj60 as also being badass, one of my all time favorite trucks. Someday...

I have not owned one, but the roommate use to, and I drove it a bunch. It sucked gas, was horrible in the snow, and rode like shit. To each their own obviously, but every time you have to replace all 3 different sized windshield wipers, you are reminded of how dumb the thing is. In my opinion, for the money, I know for a fact I could find something way more bad ass and enjoyable. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I have an FJ60.  It sucks gas, is pretty good in the snow with my pizza cutter M/T's.  The ride is so rough it will count steps on a pedometer.  The rust is bad, and the parts are rare.  It is still so much fun.  

What I think is a true sign that the FJ is not a Land Cruiser is that FJ Cruiser drivers do not recognize the 60 and wave.  Know your heritage/Respect your elders!

If it was a daily that you had to drive it would be miserable.  It is pretty much a tractor, 4spd manual with 4.10 gears means 55 is about top speed.  It can pull things but not fast.  I towed a Uhaul trailer when we moved that was probably around 6000 pounds and it dropped from 12 to 11 MPG even though the entire trip I had the pedal to the floor and never hit 50MPH, it never gets hot, just keeps on chugging.

All in good fun :D

7UbkjVK.jpg?1

Fqygmt5.jpg

When you see another one you have to take a picture it happens so rarely.  This was a one owner FJ62 that had over 350k miles.

IVmksAP.jpg

I love these days, I take the long way home.

g8P7AZK.jpg

3 hours ago, jc43089 said:

I have an FJ60.  It sucks gas, is pretty good in the snow with my pizza cutter M/T's.  The ride is so rough it will count steps on a pedometer.  The rust is bad, and the parts are rare.  It is still so much fun.  

What I think is a true sign that the FJ is not a Land Cruiser is that FJ Cruiser drivers do not recognize the 60 and wave.  Know your heritage/Respect your elders!

If it was a daily that you had to drive it would be miserable.  It is pretty much a tractor, 4spd manual with 4.10 gears means 55 is about top speed.  It can pull things but not fast.  I towed a Uhaul trailer when we moved that was probably around 6000 pounds and it dropped from 12 to 11 MPG even though the entire trip I had the pedal to the floor and never hit 50MPH, it never gets hot, just keeps on chugging.

All in good fun :D

7UbkjVK.jpg?1

Fqygmt5.jpg

When you see another one you have to take a picture it happens so rarely.  This was a one owner FJ62 that had over 350k miles.

IVmksAP.jpg

I love these days, I take the long way home.

g8P7AZK.jpg

That’s awesome, didnt know anyone on here had one! I suppose I’m slightly biased, my experience with one was almost purely off road in a lifted one with a coil spring rear. That thing was just tough as hell and nearly impossible to get stuck in. 

I definitely hear you on the ride though, I think the coils in the rear helped but it was still kinda crashy and crappy riding. I was still having too much fun to care though haha. 

Sorry for the thread jack 😂