WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The little V8 that could: 530i Daily Log

YoungCR

The mild winter weather got me motivation to order parts from @patsbimmer1 last week and now winter weather has kicked back in since delivery 🙄. Ordered 540i rear calipers with brackets this time, ECS SS braided lines as the FCP kit I bought doesn't include the hoses for the rear calipers??. Also got both idler pulleys and a new V belt just in case as nobody stocks these locally. Yes this is all simple stuff as long as I can presumably get the ABS pump bled once the parts are on. The bigger task is really getting the car out from the middle of my storage unit. 

IMG_3960.JPG

• 3 months later...

After some spring cleaning in the storage unit yesterday, I finally have a workspace so to speak. Pulled drivers rear brakes off and the e-brake expanding lock just falls out and is mangled 😕. It bound up some how just moving the car around storage and on/off the trailer so that needs a replacement. They are $50 new from the dealer so I'm gonna make a trip to Gibson's finally to get some quality used parts along with some adjuster screws as I probably threw out the old ones thinking the brake hardware kit would come with replacements which the Febi kit doesn't. 

• 7 months later...

FC322E28-3C96-4C84-A9D4-160860383E06.jpeg

So I've had this back on the road for 3 weeks tomorrow! I had pulled it out of storage to rearrange some things and noticed there was some slight brake pressure. Before I drove it home I installed the new 540i rear calipers with centric blanks and akebono pads. Still didn't bleed well though so I took it to the new sub division by me and locked the brakes up a few times to activate ABS. Worked great but I'm still gonna do another round of bleeding as I feel it could be better yet.

Other than that, after a few Italian tune ups the valve tick went away. Of course there's a laundry list of to do but it's been a blast ripping around. Objectivly this is a horrible car but it's more fun around town then the 540i.

• 4 months later...