WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Minus Two Cylinders, Plus One Turbo. New Daily.

SteelBlue

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Is there a negative connotation with Rotiform?

Also, working with Pat, these end up being less than $1000 for the 19s

8 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

I've been a big fan of Rotiform's style and I haven't heard of any issues with quality.  My BIL has a set of BLQ's on his b7 A4 and they've put on 35k miles at least of daily driving and multiple cross country trips to California and Colorado with zero issues.  I installed the tires on them and balanced them out with zero issues.  I'd recommend Rotiforms in a heartbeat for daily use.  And as far as price, for a square set it's less than $1000 shipped and less than $900 before shipping for the 19".  That's my input.  I know Jason is more of a wheel guy than I am so maybe he has some different insight. 

21 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

4 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I've been a big fan of Rotiform's style and I haven't heard of any issues with quality.  My BIL has a set of BLQ's on his b7 A4 and they've put on 35k miles at least of daily driving and multiple cross country trips to California and Colorado with zero issues.  I installed the tires on them and balanced them out with zero issues.  I'd recommend Rotiforms in a heartbeat for daily use.  And as far as price, for a square set it's less than $1000 shipped and less than $900 before shipping for the 19".  That's my input.  I know Jason is more of a wheel guy than I am so maybe he has some different insight. 

Well I can start with this fact: "I have never had to personally deal with Rotiform"

With that out of the way, I have nothing against a wheel company's and their success as long as they stand up to their product. I would personally buy a set of  "USED" Rotiforms if given the opportunity for the right price. I know quite a few people that have them and have had zero issues. 

On the flip side, as with most things, I have also seen threads, emails, and pictures of poor costumer service along with a few longs lists of bad reviews. 

Yelp for example: https://www.yelp.com/biz/rotiform-westminster

At the end of the day, If you a spending less that $1k for a set of wheels and tires that are 19's or larger, I would consider it a risk, as anything can happen. But note, I am a risk taker so Im not saying you shouldnt do it :)   I am just providing my input.

Rotiform IND's:

6dfe5c14e225d88a5cd5be601f755376.jpg 

The shipping for this lip was gonna be like $70 if I wanted to return so I figured I would just keep it and try to make it work. Started out by painting it. Got one can of the correct paint from the automotive paint store which ended up being the perfect amount to do this lip. Bought a kerosene heater just so I could take advantage of painting on my day off. I think it came out really well, you can really see the flake in the Black Sapphire Metallic. Just need to work on mounting it, don't know if I'll be doing that anytime soon considering its still December outside and these past 4 months have been a simulation.

Not bad for a $30 rattle can job.

RfB7MnO.jpg

Rd0Q4zw.jpg

BPfMGmb.jpg

kfORQ2L.jpg

Windows are tinted. 35% Wayne at Fade to Black did a great job and was super easy to work with.

In other news, put a fuckin 12" pin stripe on the passenger door because the wheel barrow was too close on one side and I was trying to not hit the snow blower on the other.

Fuck winter.

I'll be buffing, polishing, and touch up painting as soon as it's not a blizzard and above 50 outside.

kfORQ2L.jpg

Windows are tinted. 35% Wayne at Fade to Black did a great job and was super easy to work with.
In other news, put a fuckin 12" pin stripe on the passenger door because the wheel barrow was too close on one side and I was trying to not hit the snow blower on the other.
Fuck winter.
I'll be buffing, polishing, and touch up painting as soon as it's not a blizzard and above 50 outside.
Looks good. I wish I went with 35% all around and not 50-35

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk