WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMWs of Wisconsin Group

B C

I am not on Facebook. Is this still an active group? are they growing? What's the skinny on them?

Mostly curious because a while back there seemed to be a lot of grief and drama going on which was interesting for me to hear about. Good enough entertainment to cancel my subscription to People magazine 

I get an IQ boost when I visit the nissan/infiniti forums.

Folks are adding intercoolers to NA cars and every problem can be fixed by cleaning your throttle body and MAF. A grounding kit is worth like 5 or 10 horse because the engineers didnt know what they were doing too. Stupid idiot engineers

13 hours ago, Snap said:

I get an IQ boost when I visit the nissan/infiniti forums.

Folks are adding intercoolers to NA cars and every problem can be fixed by cleaning your throttle body and MAF. A grounding kit is worth like 5 or 10 horse because the engineers didnt know what they were doing too. Stupid idiot engineers

What forum is this? I feel like it would be worth a browse....

oh, usually I seem to remember the name  nicoclub.com while im pounding my skull with cinder blocks.

the last time i was reading a thread there someone was concerned that replacing the belts would be a dealer-only task because it looked hard.

There's a cool 16" of free space between the engine and the radiator. By far the nicest and easiest belt replacement I have ever done. 

5 hours ago, Snap said:

oh, usually I seem to remember the name  nicoclub.com while im pounding my skull with cinder blocks.

the last time i was reading a thread there someone was concerned that replacing the belts would be a dealer-only task because it looked hard.

There's a cool 16" of free space between the engine and the radiator. By far the nicest and easiest belt replacement I have ever done. 

Their concerns would be valid in a z31/z32/z33 but as you mentioned your car has more than enough space.  In the Z cars you couldn't get a frogs dick between the radiator and drive belts.