WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hello everybody!

Happy 2018 to everyone. I am a new resident in Wisconsin, well less than a year, but still new. 

Looking forward to meeting some new friends whilst here, also love to buy and trade good parts or help a fellow Bimmerphile out if they are in need. Just thought I would introduce myself.

OH! and to a fellow named Dan who has a very clean white E30 we were cruising down A in Kensoha county that one day, I thank you for recommending me to this site!

Eager to bring the old girl out of hibernation when all the salt is clear.

I don't see an F80 as an upgrade per se but this is WIBimmers and we accept all BMW enthusiasts of all walks! Welcome to the midwest - I still didn't catch a response on what part of Wisconsin you are currently in? 

Do you go to Lake Mills Cars and Coffee since you have been here? If not, recommend looking into that this spring - a lot of us regularly attend each month as it is an easy way for us all to make time to hang out with each other for a bit. 

4 hours ago, i_love_cars said:

I don't see an F80 as an upgrade per se but this is WIBimmers and we accept all BMW enthusiasts of all walks! Welcome to the midwest - I still didn't catch a response on what part of Wisconsin you are currently in? 

Do you go to Lake Mills Cars and Coffee since you have been here? If not, recommend looking into that this spring - a lot of us regularly attend each month as it is an easy way for us all to make time to hang out with each other for a bit. 

I had the e92 for a while and just wanted a newer car and i actually like the f80 weird i know. I'm in monona but i've never been to lake mills i"ll definitely check it out.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:18 PM, 6inarowmakesitgo! said:

Hello everybody!

Happy 2018 to everyone. I am a new resident in Wisconsin, well less than a year, but still new. 

Looking forward to meeting some new friends whilst here, also love to buy and trade good parts or help a fellow Bimmerphile out if they are in need. Just thought I would introduce myself.

OH! and to a fellow named Dan who has a very clean white E30 we were cruising down A in Kensoha county that one day, I thank you for recommending me to this site!

Eager to bring the old girl out of hibernation when all the salt is clear.

Welcome! I'm glad you looked us up. Throw up some pics of the e28, we'd love to see them.

Dan

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, FactoryFreakM3 said:

What's up guys? just moved to the area from San Diego and am looking to find new meets and other bmws . I used to have a straight piped e92 m3 and just upgraded to a 2018 f80 m3.

Thread hijack much? lol no worries. Nice M3, make sure to use some MoS2 additive to protect those rod bearings!.

I currently reside in Mt.Pleasant, right near RCOC and the old Case foundry. Moved here from Illinois, from unwavering pressure from my main squeeze at the time and now she decided to up and leave me :( So Mika, that is the name I gave my 535i, takes top spot hahaha. Sorry for the lack of pictures, she is a parts shelf in the garage during hibernation, but I do have her on a trickle charger and battery blanket so she fires right up without hesitation. 

Always have been a GERMAN car nut, my dad had a Porsche 911 turbo (1984 930 Euro spec with a 4 speed!!!)  when I was a little kid and I would start laughing hysterically when he would launch it from a dig and the turbos spooled, that car would shitngit! My first vehicle was 1984 Volkswagen Jetta GLI with the 5 speed close ratio, 1.8L JH block and Bosch K-Jetronic. Miss that little beast. 

My current BMW, and my personal favorite of all, Is a Delphin Gray 1986 535i, 5 speed with plenty of uprated 7 series parts for added comfort handling and power. 

To Jdesign: cash grass or ass, no one rides free for that info ;) I am not online much as I work allot and limit my time on the internet and watching TV because I like working with my hands and being active. I also really like to cook and bake! If we ever get to have a wrenchfest, I would be more than happy to cook if people bring beer! 

lawn (2).jpg

On 1/27/2018 at 6:11 PM, i_love_cars said:

I know how it is dude. I played in the turbo game for a while and then wanted to check out the V8 life. Too many cars I want to drive and too little time. 

Definitely check out Lake Mills. They are turning out 400+ cars regularly. Easily the best Cars & Coffee around

yeah i've heard of lake mills when is the next meet? also here are some pics of the new f80 IMG_0225.jpgIMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Lake Mills C&C is the first Sunday of every month from May - October. So unfortunately we still have a bit of a wait. 

There are other things in the meantime, though.  WCEC season opener is april 22 although their shows are entirely hit or miss depending on how widespread the vape clouds are from subros. I know Snapsby has been talking about doing monthly meets with WIBimmers and we need to brainstorm some ideas for February/March/April. 

18 hours ago, 6inarowmakesitgo! said:

thanks dude! I got lucky and found someone in spain who will ship me euro factory BMW parts and it has been pretty sweet. 

Think you would be willing to extend your services to a lowly forum member? This guy has found himself in a spot where he struggles to find parts for a euro diesel motor...

On 1/30/2018 at 7:19 PM, 6inarowmakesitgo! said:

Thread hijack much? lol no worries. Nice M3, make sure to use some MoS2 additive to protect those rod bearings!.

I currently reside in Mt.Pleasant, right near RCOC and the old Case foundry. Moved here from Illinois, from unwavering pressure from my main squeeze at the time and now she decided to up and leave me :( So Mika, that is the name I gave my 535i, takes top spot hahaha. Sorry for the lack of pictures, she is a parts shelf in the garage during hibernation, but I do have her on a trickle charger and battery blanket so she fires right up without hesitation. 

Always have been a GERMAN car nut, my dad had a Porsche 911 turbo (1984 930 Euro spec with a 4 speed!!!)  when I was a little kid and I would start laughing hysterically when he would launch it from a dig and the turbos spooled, that car would shitngit! My first vehicle was 1984 Volkswagen Jetta GLI with the 5 speed close ratio, 1.8L JH block and Bosch K-Jetronic. Miss that little beast. 

My current BMW, and my personal favorite of all, Is a Delphin Gray 1986 535i, 5 speed with plenty of uprated 7 series parts for added comfort handling and power. 

To Jdesign: cash grass or ass, no one rides free for that info ;) I am not online much as I work allot and limit my time on the internet and watching TV because I like working with my hands and being active. I also really like to cook and bake! If we ever get to have a wrenchfest, I would be more than happy to cook if people bring beer! 

lawn (2).jpg

Delphin is my favorite! The color of my first car, would love another one.