WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Re-engaging in the community!

AJK430

1 minute ago, AJK430 said:

z3 components

Nice, I have been thinking of selling my setup (but don't own any 4x100 wheels so I want to stay 5 lug) and have been considering switching to some sort of e36 m3 combination. Have you noticed any brake bias or handling differences from stock geometry/brakes? 

Well considering the engine isnt in the car and its basically just a roller I have no opinions to share. Other than the brakes are massive and according to everything I've read the parts I've used are the best set up for the e30 in regards to handling improvement (late e36 m3 control arms up front)

10 minutes ago, AJK430 said:

Well considering the engine isnt in the car and its basically just a roller I have no opinions to share. Other than the brakes are massive and according to everything I've read the parts I've used are the best set up for the e30 in regards to handling improvement (late e36 m3 control arms up front)

Fair enough haha, it didn't click in my head that the empty engine bay pic went along with the suspension swap, I'm definitely interested to hear how you like it once it's on the road!

• 1 month later...

Alot of behind the scenes progress so to speak as far as acquiring information and components for my harness. I've got the harness out of the donor car, ill be working on getting that crossed over to utilize the C101 to mate to the chassis of the 86 e and deleting whatever isn't necessary. Also a ton of time spent cleaning up the engine and bay, deleting brackets for a mild wire tuck and chipping off and wire wheeling 20 years of crusties off the S52 cast block. Also still have to swap the pan and sump, build a dipstick with CCV and safety wire the oil pump gear on.

Im working on a complete list of things that have yet to be done so I can logically go about completing them so I don't have to back track! Ill get my list together and post it up so if you guys can help me out that way that would be awesome!!

GAXO7244.JPGVGEB0320.JPG

IMG_9826.JPGIMG_9825.JPG

Also what is this bracket for on the drivers side frame rail!?! I don't recall removing anything useful from there and I'm having a hard time seeing it in other e30 bay pictures and it doesn't exist on my 1991... you can also see it in the last picture I just posted above... this picture below is NOT mine. Not sure what hes doing but its the only thing ive found that references this bracket! Just want to know before I hack it off for my tuck! 

booster50.jpg

Curious if anyone can help me identify these rear trailing arms by part number. Ive searched around and nothing comes up with this part number or any variation of it.. 

They're thought to be off a 6 Cylinder Z3 for my 5 lug swap, I just want to confirm so I order the right bearings but nearly all of the trailing arm part numbers start with 333.

These start with 385... if you drop the 7. Haha.

The numbers end in 762 and 761 for right and left which is consistent with the other trailing arm part numbers ive found but nothing starting with 385... And those 7's look an awful lot like 1's...

Im embarrassingly confused. 

Help PLEAAAAASE!

IMG_0007 (1).JPG

IMG_0006 (1).JPG