WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Finally got my z4

AleZ4

Saw you on WCEC in Facebook but i don't say much there because I'm the broke guy who only hates on new turbo M cars because he's just jealous he can't afford a nice car.

Seriously though the motor in your car is plenty reliable. At this point in the car's life there shouldn't be any major mechanical to worry about. Maintenance is always higher on an S motor because you need 10w60 oil and more quarts of it, but overall still not bad. 

I do cruises all the time with a smaller group of members here who are more apt to cruise regularly on backroads. I also have a client out in Greenfield that I occasionally am onsite at so probably not too far from you. There will be opportunities to drive this summer. 

I've also been historically active at the track and have eaten a tire wall in my day at Blackhawk. Funny story I'll tell you about it sometime. I'm always looking for other WI bimmers members to do track days with. 

Hahah awesome yeah man I can't get enough of it just watching videos and looking through service manuals just getting to know the car as much as i can.. I just wanna drive it though can't wait for warmer weather! That's crazy about black hawk farms I'm honestly excited and scared at the same time to go.. Just don't want to learn something "the hard way".. I can tell though this car is a blast to drive and I can't wait to cruise around.. Look forward to meeting you guys soon [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 10:03 PM, i_love_cars said:

Saw you on WCEC in Facebook but i don't say much there because I'm the broke guy who only hates on new turbo M cars because he's just jealous he can't afford a nice car.

Seriously though the motor in your car is plenty reliable. At this point in the car's life there shouldn't be any major mechanical to worry about. Maintenance is always higher on an S motor because you need 10w60 oil and more quarts of it, but overall still not bad. 

I do cruises all the time with a smaller group of members here who are more apt to cruise regularly on backroads. I also have a client out in Greenfield that I occasionally am onsite at so probably not too far from you. There will be opportunities to drive this summer. 

I've also been historically active at the track and have eaten a tire wall in my day at Blackhawk. Funny story I'll tell you about it sometime. I'm always looking for other WI bimmers members to do track days with. 

Speaking of track days......    Will the prodigal son be making his return this year to the asphalt playground?!?!  Any plans?

On 3/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Old School said:

Speaking of track days......    Will the prodigal son be making his return this year to the asphalt playground?!?!  Any plans?

You will see me at Road America in my old E30, now being used as a track rental car. 

You will not see me in my M3 - I am emotionally attached to that car so I feel it's a poor candidate for track duty lol. Hitting 1 tire wall in 5 years of track days isn't a bad ratio, but I'd still rather not take that risk with this car :P 

We will, regardless, need to do a brunch or lunch again sometime when the weather gets nicer. 

You will see me at Road America in my old E30, now being used as a track rental car. 
You will not see me in my M3 - I am emotionally attached to that car so I feel it's a poor candidate for track duty lol. Hitting 1 tire wall in 5 years of track days isn't a bad ratio, but I'd still rather not take that risk with this car [emoji14] 
We will, regardless, need to do a brunch or lunch again sometime when the weather gets nicer. 

Bring it to autocross!