WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Window Tint

Rekpoint

On 1/30/2018 at 8:45 AM, Jdesign said:

I have about 10% in my civic and I haven't got pulled over for it yet. I always assume that's what they are pulling me over for but its usually something else. They have brought it to my attention but never cited me. I ALWAYS (even if its freezing outside) roll all of my windows down, turn on my dome light, and have my ID ready with both of my hands on the wheel when I get pulled over. If you make the officer comfortable and the situation obvious that your not smuggling elves or large bags of flour, the better off you are and the less chance of them ticketing you. I have been pulled over wayyy to many times and almost always just get a warning. 

10% - too much and you cant see out of your side mirrors at night

20%- better but still really dark

35%-50% This is what I would go with if I was going to tint a car. I had a lexus with 35% and loved it. wasnt too dark, wasnt too light. 

The safer you make it for them, the easier they will be on you.  ID in Hand, Hands on the wheel, windows down, no fumbling around looking for stuff.

Never thought of the dome light idea. will add to to do list.

No guarantee on a ticket, but definitely improves your chances.