WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Monthly Event Discussion

B C

The meets and drives are some of the more enjoyable things I get to do during the year and there's no reason there couldn't be a few more.

For 2018 I'd like to have a drive/event/meet up/whatever once a month, starting in January. 

There is no agenda behind this (such as forming a gang, cult, getting cozy with Earl, etc). We have a fun group and its always enjoyable to get out and enjoy our hobby together.

You may not be able to make some/most of the events, you may not even want to, I may not even make it to all of them. This is all fine. The fact that they would be every month would give more people an opportunity to get out and enjoy the addiction with others and not have to feel like they will miss their only opportunity to meet up with the WI Bimmers guys

Drives/driving are the primary focus. Months with poor weather (Jan, Feb, Nov, Dec) would likely be meets rather than drives.

If there is some more collaboration then the events should turn out even better than in the past, just to smooth out the kinks and maybe broaden the scope of the meet/drive such as renting a park pavillion for a cookout after a drive etc. 

Let me know if you would like to be involved in monthly event planning.

Anyone can feel free to make suggestions, but dedicated planning help is also being sought after. 

There's a monthly event that a couple of us get together at March/April-ish through October already.  It's called Cars and Coffee in Lake Mills.  Anyone's welcome to join us!  It's usually Myself, CYoung, Ilovecars, MattY and Wasntm3 with random appearances from dr.leadfoot.  Yes it involves parking in a parking lot but it also has a huge collection of very diverse cars and they collect money for Cars Curing Kids at every event.

Yes, that is part of the plan.  Perhaps It may not make it all the way to Eau Claire, but there are intentions to go north, west, and maybe even a little south for some of the drives/meets. It may not end up being IN GREEN BAY, but enough of a compromise to where its an easy journey for those in that area.

The drive to Devil's lake was more accessible for the Madison area guys and some different scenery for the Milwaukee guys. Some folks dont have the time or desire to travel an hour and a half to a meeting point but again having a monthly gig will open up the opportunity for the next months gig to be more convenient. 

There is no "one-size-fits-all" so rather than trying to accommodate 80% once or twice a year, perhaps we can accommodate 25% on a more frequent basis.

This is what I have in mind so far.

Some starting points may not be convenient for everyone but the ending point is, dont let that deter you from forming your own convoy/route and meeting at the final location (Fox Valley folks can form their own route and meet at Road America, Someone in Milwaukee may not want to drive to Devil's lake, but would be down for some BBQ at Jason's Shop) 

Again, im looking for some help  in planning this stuff and other ideas

January - Karts and Burgers at Veloce

Feb - Casual Lunch/Dinner meet, Brookfield? Delafield? Inafield?

March - Southern Kettle 2, Mukwonago to Holy Hill

April - Devil’s Drive 2, Devil’s Lake to Madison, BBQ at Jason’s shop

May - Long Way to the Picnic, New Berlin to E30 picnic via. Eagle and Delafield (Southern Kettle roads to I-94)

June - Dunesday, Milwaukee to Kohler Park Dunes

July - Northern Kettle, West Bend to Road America, Concessions stand for lunch? :D

August - Wisconsin River Tour?, ? to ? along the Wisconsin River???

September - ?

October - ?

November - ?

December - ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to get something simple going for March 24th. People arent quite finished up with projects or may not be ready to pull their cars out of storage yet but winter beaters are still welcome to participate. There is plenty of time for some bigger longer drives when the weather is warmer. 

March - Southern Kettle 2, Mukwonago to Holy Hill
As of now, i'm thinking

-Meet at McDonalds in Mukwonago @10a

-Eat a dang hash brown

-Leave for Holy Hill  via the Southern Kettle route we have done a couple times before, this time just in reverse.

Drive time should be about 40-45 min. Arrive at Holy hill around 11:00a and take some photos/chat for a bit

Any ideas are welcome.