WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official Lurker Check-in Thread

B C

Well, I guess I'll start. 

Not sure what to post, but I suppose I could give a bit of background info on myself and my car. I'm a freshman at MSOE right now, mechanical engineering, and I'm originally from Madison where I met Chris a few years ago and was introduced to the forum. 

I've got a 1989 325i vert that I've slowly been bringing back from neglect. It had the rear suspension and driveshaft components refreshed/replaced last winter, and the head rebuilt with new cam/rockers/valve springs in June due to a broken valve spring. I've done a lot of interior refreshing as well, along with new tires and some other little things. 

Oh, and it's Alpine White, which seems to be a thing around here. 

Not sure where I'm going to go with it from here, probably gonna refresh the front suspension, maybe a manual swap, and maybe spring for a x-brace, but who knows with college and all that. 

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

I sometimes see 100+ online users and the threads they are viewing are pretty old and buried so I wonder if they are maybe bots. On the other hand, we have had a few people from across the country join up and comment/PM about certain topics that they found doing a google search which i think is cool

Lurkers, non-posters, and infrequent posters of WIBIMMERS: I challenge you to a challenge:

lurker.jpg

Some of us like lurking........ I think I am on here 20 times a day from tapa talk and barley posts anything anymore. Not really sure why I'm not very active anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mekihead said:

Yup!  Funny thing is, the label in the door says 535ia, but it's manual.  If you run the VIN, it's manual.  So why is it a 535ia and not a 535i?

"That label (weight & wheel label) should say "535i/A USA" ...the model number has a " / " between the "i" and "A" which indicates that the specs are for the manual AND automatic models imported to the USA...not that your car should have an auto tranny."

-Bimmerforums.com 

12 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

"That label (weight & wheel label) should say "535i/A USA" ...the model number has a " / " between the "i" and "A" which indicates that the specs are for the manual AND automatic models imported to the USA...not that your car should have an auto tranny."

-Bimmerforums.com 

Holy Shit, this is it!  This is the line I've been looking for for so long!  Thank you so much.  I knew there was an explanation for it, but I never could find it.

• 2 weeks later...