5 speeds, 4 cylinders, 3 doors, 2 wheel drive, and 1 loose nut behind the wheel

HipMF

• 5 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 6:48 PM, HipMF said:

Winter mode... engaged.

vWkpulR.jpg

Winter mode:    [ Off ]

jKfsPC8.jpg

Now that it's July, I finally broke down and bought some actual summer tires and wheel so I can stop rolling around on worn-out snows. Installed the Bilstein Sports and lowering springs that I picked up from the junk yard for $90 a few years ago. Not as much drop as I was hoping for, but it's good enough for a daily. Ride is decent. Feels a little more connected to the road but without being too harsh.

2 hours ago, suspenceful said:

Yup, I still have a cracked spare from my E36, lol. Love those wheels though, they are amazingly light and look good. I think you'll be safe unless you put them in an oven for powdercoat.

This debate again? lol

I can vouch for the weight, I picked one up for amusement (Mike's new set) and questioned if it had a wheel in it. 

• 4 months later...

Hmm, haven't updated in a while.

Water pump and radiator replaced because the radiator was cracked at the base of the top hose connection and the impeller fell off the pump.

JJtm3Tx.jpg

Front passenger side control arm and bushing replaced because the ball joint was bad. This reminds me that the tie rod boot was torn and the sway bar links were just about done, so I need to get back in there...

Passenger side rear wheel bearing replaced (drivers side was replaced when the rear subframe was refreshed, so now they're both done).

Put the old snows back on. Will be ordering new ones. Word is General changed to a harder compound, so I may be switching to Michelin Ice-X this time... Regardless, the ride quality is sooo much better on the 15" wheels. Will probably be selling the Koseis and getting some 16s next year, if anyone's interested...

Just waiting for ice racing to start...

anYUqni0Mw9_aB-cuwZDgtIYleNgMSgl8gxHwpgq