WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

5 speeds, 4 cylinders, 3 doors, 2 wheel drive, and 1 loose nut behind the wheel

HipMF

Not sure if I got tired of waiting for the right one to come along, or if I just got sick of driving the POS e34, but I finally bought a TI.

Isn't white or a slicktop, but is a manual and has black interior, so close enough. Allegedly a California car, but had Texas plates on it. High-mileage, has one bad rust spot in the usual location, but the undercarriage looks really clean. Seats are garbage and it needs rear subframe bushings, but otherwise pretty clean (not counting the dog hair...).

EdpYPqG.jpg

sycBcA4.jpg

XSkgI3b.jpg

kIMElBf.jpg

OYBvkSP.jpg

Haven't decided what my plan is yet. I'm thinking e30 sport seats, because I think they're comfortable, supportive, and perfectly tolerable for a daily driver. Never really shopped around for seats, so I'm open to suggestions there. Other than than, just maintenance for now.

FYI, e46 seats will bolt in directly. I've seen quite a few decent deals on sport seats. Much more comfortable than any e30 or e36 seat. I've got a set of e46 m3 seats that will be for sale that have all of the electronics sorted for plug and play already. Not sure that you'd want to spend that kind of money, however.

13 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

very cool. ice racing this beast?

Leaning towards yes, but not sure. Will probably hold on to the e34 for a while. Hoping the e34 wheels will fit on the TI so that I can use the same set of snows on either car.

3 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

I have some black e30 sport seats that are taking up room in my garage...

Interested. PM me some pics (of the seats...)

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Nice purchase! What are your long term plans for it? Keep it stock but then decide to tear it completely apart and replace ever nut/bolt/seal/gasket? :rolleyes::shifty:

Long term I'd like to do a 2.8 or 3 liter swap. First priority is still working on the e21, so I probably won't even touch this thing until after the snow flies.

10 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

FYI, e46 seats will bolt in directly. I've seen quite a few decent deals on sport seats. Much more comfortable than any e30 or e36 seat. I've got a set of e46 m3 seats that will be for sale that have all of the electronics sorted for plug and play already. Not sure that you'd want to spend that kind of money, however.

Those would probably look more at home in there than the e30 seats. I might see if I can find one to try out. Is there any difference between the M3 seats and "regular" sport seats?

These look pretty nice, but it looks like the guy doesn't really do them anymore:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359721

I do kind of prefer cloth. Mechanical adjustment is also a big bonus over electric for me.

Hadn't noticed that the price of e30 sport seats has gone completely insane on ebay. I could probably find another pair of e21 Recaros for less :lol:

...or a brand-new pair of GTS-IIs for that matter.

image_68642.jpg