WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Diaries of a Daily Driver

GunMetalGrey

• 2 months later...

Since this is already a truck thread...
I've been keeping an eye out for one of these for a fair bit now, they do not pop up often, and when they do it comes at a premium, but this one popped up for a great price.
Introducing the new rig.

IMG_20190430_193647

08 Titan Pro-4x Long Wheelbase! Featuring an E36 that I need to sell, and a Nic with a broken hand. 

But why?
4 years newer, 50k less miles, 4x4 with locking diff, 7' 3" bed, 10k lb towing capacity.
It also comes with a 37 gallon fuel tank that drains you bank account every time you need to fill it! 

This thing is by far the largest vehicle I've ever driven. It comes in just shy of 20.5 feet long tip to tail, and the roof stands about 7 feet tall.
It has been lifted 6", and I will likely rework the wheels / tires with something that fits the lift better.

The extra room will be great for bike trips, as I've had to use hitch racks already on the other truck to have enough room for bikes, people, gear, and coolers. 

Now to wait for the next eBay sale to get some wheels and tires...

10 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

But why?

4 years newer, 50k less miles, 4x4 with locking diff, 7' 3" bed, 10k lb towing capacity.
It also comes with a 37 gallon fuel tank that drains you bank account every time you need to fill it! .

I like this suggestion.  When used truck trading up, along with price range in mind,  think at least 4 years newer and 50k less miles.   

22 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Since this is already a truck thread...
I've been keeping an eye out for one of these for a fair bit now, they do not pop up often, and when they do it comes at a premium. 
Introducing the new rig.

IMG_20190430_193647

08 Titan Pro-4x Long Wheelbase! Featuring an E36 that I need to sell, and a Nic with a broken hand. 

But why?
It also comes with a 37 gallon fuel tank that drains you bank account every time you need to fill it! 

This thing is by far the largest vehicle I've ever driven. It comes in just shy of 20.5 feet long tip to tail, and the roof stands about 7 feet tall.
It has been lifted 6", and I will likely rework the wheels / tires with something that fits the lift better.

The extra room will be great for bike trips, as I've had to use hitch racks already on the other truck to have enough room for bikes, people, gear, and coolers. 

Now to wait for the next eBay sale to get some wheels and tires...

What kind of MPGs are you getting when towing? I'm looking into getting a smaller truck for towing. I'm currently looking at extended cab short bed 1st Gen duramaxes ideally 06-07

13 hours ago, YoungCR said:

My suburban has a 42gallon tank, its great being able to go 700-800miles on a roadtrip without filling up! or at least 2 weeks around town. Congrats on the new purchase. Did you sell the old truck already?

That's an impressive amount of fuel! Being able to fill up when gas is lower cost is quite handy! 
I have not sold the old truck yet, though it is up for sale. 

13 hours ago, Boris3 said:

I like this suggestion.  When used truck trading up, along with price range in mind,  think at least 4 years newer and 50k less miles.   

It wasn't my intention, but I would agree that it's a good way to go! 

18 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

What kind of MPGs are you getting when towing? I'm looking into getting a smaller truck for towing. I'm currently looking at extended cab short bed 1st Gen duramaxes ideally 06-07

Haven't done any towing with the new one (same engine as the other though)
I didn't do any long distance towing with the other one so I'm not entirely sure what it did. Better than a new Tacoma though, that much I do know! 
WiBimmers discount does exist on my existing Titan, crew cab. 
I should just make a quick ad on the for sale section here.

• 3 weeks later...

160k mile update:
Fixed broken connector on diff lock position switch, and now the locking diff functions properly.
Put the under seat subwoofer from Titan V1 into Titan V2, and thanks to an aftermarket headunit that was installed in the new truck, it's a better setup all around. 
Installed a driveshaft spacer to push the driveshaft back into the transfer case, this is needed due to the lift. 
Put the sidesteps on from Titan V1
Put on my homemade headlights
Installed window rain guards
Fixed a sway bar end link
Replaced positive battery clamp
Put on some new wheels and tires

Old setup (KO2's from last truck on stock wheels)
Looks like it skipped leg day

IMG_20190523_183409

New setup (35x11.5 Falken Wildpeak AT3W on some 18x9 et0 wheels)

IMG_20190523_191959

It's been nicer to drive than the last one, and the driveshaft spacer helped cut down some low speed vibrations.
Last tank averaged 12.1 MPG (mostly all city) on the smaller tires, so she surely likes using fuel... 
First bike trip with it will be soon, and I'm looking forward to that! 

38 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Yes

Lol
I didn't provide much detail prior, but I typically browse FB Marketplace a time or two a week for Titans.
The plan was to move with the 2wd one, and eventually pick up a 4wd one once I got settled a bit. 
I came across this one, and it was posted for 7k. I felt like it was a scam at first, but chatted with the guy a touch and set up a time to meet him. 
I messaged him on Saturday and went down to check it out on Monday. Left with it for less than his asking, and I couldn't be more stoked to find a LWB Pro-4x. I think I've only seen 2 others on the Titan forums. 

• 1 month later...

So it's been a lot of truck stuff lately, but we're back to the BMW way of life.

IMG_20190718_195439

I enjoyed seeing Jake's car hanging around, and I am getting sick of driving a crew cab long box truck around in the Seattle area, so I was on the hunt for a new and smaller daily. 

So far the chassis feel is awesome, and it corners a lot better than the truck.... 

It's just a 128, but that seems like the move for now, reliable, good gas mileage, and overall a bit easier on the budget. Sport seats and the sport steering wheel coupled with the paddle shifters make it aight. It's got something that sounds a lot like the BMW performance exhaust on it, which sounds just fine. 

Cars our here are super awesome due to the lack of rust. 

Jealous of the white! Car looks clean, I like the black grilles and tinted windows. I'm surprised you got an auto, but you will still enjoy it. Reminds me of my old 328i, a fun daily driver.

How long 'til you lower it on wheels and add blackline tail lights?

PS: I don't think you made a public announcement of your move on FB or WIBimmers, but maybe now it's time to migrate over to WABimmers...

2 hours ago, suspenceful said:

Jealous of the white! Car looks clean, I like the black grilles and tinted windows. I'm surprised you got an auto, but you will still enjoy it. Reminds me of my old 328i, a fun daily driver.

How long 'til you lower it on wheels and add blackline tail lights?

PS: I don't think you made a public announcement of your move on FB or WIBimmers, but maybe now it's time to migrate over to WABimmers...

The auto was decided on due to traffic and my intended use for the car, but who knows, maybe I'll end up with a manual one soon. 

Wheels and tires are something I'm currently looking at. Arc-8's in hyperblack or hypersilver seem like the move. Backordered tho...

As far as tails go 

IMG_20190719_093941

I gotta figure out what to do about the all white rear bumper. 

Oh yeah, I moved. I live in Washington now. 

2 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

The auto was decided on due to traffic and my intended use for the car, but who knows, maybe I'll end up with a manual one soon. 

Wheels and tires are something I'm currently looking at. Arc-8's in hyperblack or hypersilver seem like the move. Backordered tho...

As far as tails go 

I gotta figure out what to do about the all white rear bumper. 

Oh yeah, I moved. I live in Washington now. 

Hyperblack ARC-8s would be the move.

Blackline tails already?! Damn, looks like this thing was modded. Exhaust tips don't look stock, almost looks identical to my old Riss Racing setup. The 1 series never got dual exit exhaust, so you could just find a white 135i rear bumper to get a diffuser on there.