WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

....and so it begins, project Turtle Farts.

timmer

23 hours ago, snap said:

Reported for odometer fraud 😀

I love those photos in the fire station!  I did notice a bit of overspray underneath from the paint job. I'd love to see that touched up with some black Duplicolor bedliner/black paint. 

Ha, ha, yep! Luckily the old girl is exempt from odometer reading... 

I didn’t notice the overspray until everything was apart. There is a bit of paint correction that needs to be done on the hood, roof, and trunk lid that appeared as the paint was curing in the summer heat.  Plan is to have that all done next spring, and I want to address the undercarriage at that time as well. 

I need to find a drivers side door gasket, and a few other rubber bits that didn’t survive the test of time this winter, and decide what I’m going to do with the cracked vinyl on the front seats.

Shes come a long way, but there’s always work to be done!!

• 4 weeks later...

It’s a few months late, but the cars finally have their new home.... in a few weeks, the wife and I will be moving in to our new home as well.

Pretty excited to have a place to wrench on the cars somewhere other than the small garage at the duplex we’ve been renting for the last year!

Now that there is more room; I’ll have to plan a wibimmers get-together, cookout, and cruise this summer! We have some nice roads around here, and I can make sure the fuzz don’t give us any trouble, lol! 😉

-Tim

358A8678-F83A-4445-BADD-5EA1EA4F1E48.jpeg

310C1A91-9B1E-423E-98E2-87BE57F31748.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Well, the wifey wasn’t too thrilled about her Mazda CX-5, so we decided to replace it with an F30 and officially became an all BMW family! 😬.

We had talked about another E70, but felt we didn’t need another SUV.  2015 328i x-drive, nicely equipped, just off lease with 38k miles. Pretty happy with it.

Back on topic with “project turtle farts”; I’m over ready for spring and am planning on what the car needs next.  I am thinking it needs proper suspension and am looking at coil overs...

Fitment industries in Appleton carries Silvers brand, but I want to check out BC and other options. 

Hopefully we can also sort out the annoying clunk/rattle when I drive over bumps.😒

-Timmer

A1448630-3E19-49FB-A899-FE78FA3E7AAC.jpeg

23F7B640-BDFC-4B9E-8D6E-75BB3439A374.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Post E30 picnic update....

Car is up on jack stands, Chinese GSP axles are out.  Took some time to tidy up the undercarriage, fix some little things, and add some upgrades.

Cleaned and painted the brake calipers, and ordered stop tech pads/rotors all around.

Parts should be here when I get back from Canada and she will be back on the road doing Smokey burnouts!

Also added a euro front plate to let the other bimmer heads know there is something lurking under the hood... :)

Till next time!

-Tim

74FE4BF5-406D-4ABF-9417-1047771255B4.jpeg

43D842EB-1254-40E1-B72D-6E3627297A80.jpeg

E7FF76A8-8600-4EEB-9829-55D845FA0A2B.jpeg

871B9911-AE82-44B5-A480-0393894A00D4.jpeg

5DC9E7D2-F076-4EE6-AC3F-91063214B640.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, wasnt m3 said:

Your car looked amazing at the picnic. Here's to a speedy recovery! 

Thanks, She is back on the road!

I can’t believe how much smoother the GNK axles are... no more rear end vibrations, or chattering.

Dropped her off today at the paint shop to have some paint correction done to fix a few spots on the hood, trunk and roof that developed since the respray last spring.

When she gets home, it’s time for an oil change, and install an oil level sensor to get rid of that pesky oil light on the overhead console.

I think I’m done with the old girl for now... time for deletes/tune on the X5 35d 😬

-Timmer 

581BF210-1532-4160-80E1-AAD7575109D8.jpeg

7C25B38A-5C58-4033-8B01-7DA5D2935B0D.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm running a custom tune by Mark D'Sylva for 93 octane, the schrick cams, 7200 rpm limiter, upgraded intake, and fuel injectors.

This throttle body is 68mm (+4mm) and supposed to flow 11% more air.  It adds a negligible amount of hp/tq, however throttle response is supposed to be vastly improved!

https://westcoastriots.com/shop/automobile-machine/e36-e34-6-cylinder-engine-bmw-p-n-13541748105/

I'm trying to squeak every little bit out of this S52 without a turbo, for now, lol.

-Tim