WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

the one and only e30 s52 engine swap

AsparagusMike

4 hours ago, B C said:

This setup will ruin you and nothing will ever be fast enough ever again 😁 

I sure hope so

1 hour ago, SteelBlue said:

As I think @Jdesign had said, reps now a days are so good it’s kind of non issue for most uses unless you are a wheel purist. Very excited to see dyno numbers, any predictions?

Only thing I can say about legit wheels is the weight being a bit less. I think these ones come in just around 18.5 lbs which is pretty hefty but they seem beefy and capable so whatev's.

Hoping for middle 300's hp, anything better then 330 and I'll be pretty happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a ride / drove this car this weekend. 

Holy balls batman, it is sweet. 

The car feels so good. It is smooth, the power delivery is smooth and linear, and the chassis feels great due to all the work Mike has put into it. 
And man does it rip, any gear, any rpm, you lean in the throttle and are immediately doing well over the posted speed limit. 

Great work Mike! 

23 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Also, I think I know where your oil is going. Watched the dyno pull vid and saw the let off cloud 

Ya No doubt my car is consuming a bit of oil. I have been monitoring it frequently though and it doesn't seem to be much worse then it was when the motor was NA.

About a quart every 1000 miles... 1/4 of a quart give or take every 2 tanks of gas or 300 miles.😁