WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M52

B C

707D8E22-644E-4D49-9860-BD97A3D1AEA7.thumb.jpeg.2bbaf546fdc8ef1d040c9c275a662331.jpeg

One last photo before it left today.

Man did it sound great while driving off!

so what’s next?

I fully intend to stay active in the community. If I didn’t I’d be losing all of my best friends. I mean it you guys are the best! My father-in-law is supportive of letting me take his 335i out to drives and events which is great. He is actually in the market for an E90 M3 DCT which is ideally what I would be buying if it was financialy responsible for me to do so. 

I will show up to events and  cruises in my luxo-barge or a borrowed Check Engine Light on wheels.

We need a drive soon

The video was sent by the car’s new owner and man does it sound good!

It has been 1 week.

I no longer get giddy when I open the garage because all I see is a van or some kids bikes and wagons.

I used some of the time I would have spent wrenching to install a new screen door on the house. It doesn’t go fast or make cool noises. Its a solid 2/10

I finally gave the daily driver a proper clay bar and wax. It cant be called a daily driver anymore because the term daily driver implies the ownership of some other vehicle

A78DB2D6-2917-44CD-B325-9C2626B3CF7E.thumb.jpeg.ef741f4bbb59ebae3b892a3674028901.jpeg

86D2A959-22F4-4FFA-BED2-90677789B3AE.thumb.jpeg.040b55aef1cf3caf7c83082e21691da2.jpeg

So while it looks nice, its still only worth about as much as a 200k mile 318is with BBS reps on the used car market. I like it and will continue to drive it as long as I can until I can get back in the BMW game.

I also embraced my inner child by adding a couple more intake components which actually provide a substantial power (and noise) increase and can be easily reverted back to stock. This includes a plenum spacer which allows the front two cylinders to breathe as well as the back 4, a cone filter w/venturi ring, and heat shield to go along with the 350z intake components that are already on there.

No, I wont be turning this into the Datsun Maxima  oil change update and ricer mod status update thread, so dont worry.

The biggest change that has happened since selling the e30 is my posting frequency which is a blessing for anyone that doesnt like snapsquatch posts. Since I dont have social media, this becomes my soapbox, so it feels a little weird for me to not be jabbering as much.