WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
Sign in to follow this  
snap

1991 325i Turbo $5500

3 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

I think you are asking too little!

This!! Snap I know you're frustrated with the car and considered the turbo Miata sales experience to set your price point. But remember that someone else will see a potential goldmine and will be convinced that they're a much better gearhead than you and that they will be able to figure out the issues and with a little effort will get what, if fixed (either by repair or motor swap), would be $10k+ car for dirt cheap. 

But...if there is no more love to be had, you're pricing flamethrowers on ebay, thinking about a blaze of glory Thelma and Louise off the cliff run, and you really want it gone now, then done is done. GLWS. 

Simply put, its a struggle to have any sort of time or money for a hobby short of birdwatching when you are running a single-income household with children. Every dollar I spend on the car comes with guilt and although it may only be a matter of $300 and a few weekends to get it going again, there is still a list of additional things I would want to do to the car over the next few years and the dollar signs make me feel like a POS.

Fast forward 10 years when my kids hate me and money is plentiful and I will be regretting this decision immensely, but its awfully hard to keep up with at the moment.

As of this morning I had someone planning to come see the car Saturday morning and another on Sunday afternoon with another very serious out of state inquiry who was looking into shipping options. My wife understands my passion for my car and has gone from silently wishing I had a different hobby to encouraging me to keep it because it brings me joy. She has been telling me to take the ad down and keep the car for a few days now and now you suckers had to go and crowdfund a recovery! Way to go screwing up my birdwatching hobby, guys!

Your friendship, encouragement, criticism, and contributions to the cause are appreciated more than you know. I have pulled my ad from Cragislist, Panjo/R3Vlimited and have told the interested parties the car is no longer for sale. I was never in love with the idea of getting rid of this piece of metal that ive bonded with but I have the support from to make me feel good about keeping the dream going.

You guys are awesome, Thank you!