WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

LS6 ZCP M3 Build

TeachTheApex

This is a client/good friend of mines ZCP M3, this car was bought as a stock ZCP M3 SMG 4 years ago. Dave (the owner) wanted a track car/dual purpose car, so we started preparing it for track duty, 3 years ago the car had the basics, reinforced subframes and subframe mounting points, PSS10 coilovers ect... Basic track day bolt on needs, anyways fast forward 3 years, the car is a completely dedicated track car, supercharged 560whp, MCS coilovers, APR aero, 285 wide slicks , 6 piston brembos up front 4 piston rears, racetech seats ect..... 

Well like with any car he wants more power , we sat down and did the math, building his stock s54 for more boost and reliability at that boost level would cost north of $15,000, so we decided Build a N/A LS6 600whp N/A then boost it for 800Hp, then came the twist, he Learn how to drive fast on a SMG car so his heal toe skills are limited and with that much power one mistake could be costly, so I contacted a good friend of mine that deals with sequential gear boxes, we found a brand new t56 sequential gear box, this is the same gear box Xtrac uses in Voxhaul v8 supercar race cars in Australia, I am currently building the car for next year 

As the build furthers I will be up dating this thread about once a week

IMG_20161111_194200_009.jpg

IMG_20161111_194147_159.jpg

IMG_20161111_194221_565.jpg

IMG_20161112_134557_672.jpg

9 minutes ago, Snap said:

Where is the S54 going?

He has a individual ordered alpine white imola red interior slick top e46 m3 that the motor and supercharger are going into, then the s54 from the white car is getting built for boost over the next year so the white car will then become a daily/show car with a 800+ HP supercharged s54, plus we have a spare s54 we bought but found out it spun the bearings so it needs a crank, after all this I should have 1 complete 2005 s54 low miles with smg trans with everything I mean everything ecus lines hoses wires harnesses dash harnesses everything the LS6 car is going full Holley EFI stand alone with 7" LED digital AiM gauge cluster so no stock e46 parts are needed 

3 hours ago, Derflaminflitzer said:

Pretty sweet car. Care to explain how your are going to build the worlds first 600whp ls6 powered car? I challenge you to make 500whp with that motor. And if you do make 500 out of it the driveability will be useless. But what do i know....

I agree, I guess if you used c5r heads and some other custom stuff but cost would be similar. In the end though more n/a power means more boost power. 

Just quit your jobs and build it in a couple weeks so we can see results.

Im sure there is n/a ls6 engines running this power not everyone is internet whores.

I did a 02 Z06 about 4 years ago, Heads cam LT headers Fast 90/90 air/fuel setup,basic bolt on stuff, car made 511.1whp and 489.3 Ftlbs, car had 10degrees of timing and spins to 7300, this car sees track days and drag strips still running strong to this day, no knock , tune is perfect, and this is still a stock bottom end LS6 

we are not claiming 600whp on the dot but I bet/ hope for 580/590 

5 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

This is awesome!  I can't imagine 560whp not being enough power on the track, I can't wait to get to that point in my driving ability!  

I second that...  I've got 5 or 6 track days under my belt on a mostly stock S54 and I have to do way more driver mod to get to that point.  I'd be very interested in seeing how that LS swap works with that transmission.  Either way that car will be an absolute beast!  Looking forward to more posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: as always Dave never fails at changing things up with his ADHD when looking at parts for the m3, He has decided to go fully forged bottomed end with a procharger on 15 to 20psi, we are going to do air to water cooler like his current setup is on the s54 and do meth after the cooler before the TB to cool the  charge before it enters the motor, most likely we will set it up like my M3, meth will kick In at 4psi 

F143851425.jpg