WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped

straight6pwr

9 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

makes sense! When the battery died, I brought the battery that was in the car (literally carried it a couple miles to the store) and just asked them to replace it, didnt think twice that it might be wrong. thanks

That's impressive, batteries aren't light!  I looked into when I got to work this morning and a 91 would probably work to.  It's about 1.5 inches longer than a 90 and the 48 is about 2.5 inches longer.

1 hour ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Is this the one you got from me? 
I sent you videos of it working! Do you have the little ground strap on it?

yes. well it would go up and down just one of the antenna sections (one of the middle ones), but the others were all jammed. no big deal, I will just roll with it.

45 minutes ago, andyhundley said:

I have a complete trunk interior if you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, but got it covered. pun intended.

well, its done. i've ordered new carpet and interior paint as seen below. *crosses fingers*

bzOgsqb.jpg

oh, and i also turned the spare bedroom into a paint booth since its still winters outside. lol. btw, it works great - have a fan out the window which creates a good amount of vacuum in the room to draw out the fumes/dust. costs about $100 in supplies, which includes all the small stuff like gloves, tape, air filters, screws, etc. bonus: toss in the space heater and i can get the room pretty warm for fast drying.

BjdaGVu.jpg

hbzjFev.jpg

1mBIKPH.jpg

23 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

That paint booth is epic! Where did you order the carpet from? 

stockinteriors.com

reviews say its OK quality, but it comes with no holes so will be a bit of work to fit it. they did send the samples i requested, which was a great way to pick a matching color.

5 minutes ago, Snap said:

Palomino, wow, cant wait to see this!

me too! modena is my favorite BMW interior, so hopefully this will be close.

14 hours ago, m42b32 said:

Wow that paint booth is awesome! Are you ordering your interior dye from leatherique? 

thanks! going with SEM products for the vinyl.

13 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

That DIY paint booth inside a perfectly good bedroom tells me you're a single man living the bachelor life. If not, your woman is a keeper!

bachelor. freedom to do whatever-the-f i want is the only benefit i have enjoyed, so far.

On 2/24/2017 at 11:16 AM, Jdesign said:

That paint booth blows my mind. Epicly amazing.

Thanks lol.

And now that I've used it i have to agree. I can crank out stuff so fast, I finished all this in just a couple evenings.  Between the dryness, heater, and air flow, stuff dries in minutes instead of hours. Also, I totally look like Walter White when painting with my filter mask, underwear and slippers. I'm pretty sure if the neighbors peak in the window they will probably think I am actually cooking meth or murdering people in my plastic room.

7XDPZoJ.jpg

• straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I shadowlined
  • straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped