WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped

straight6pwr

9 hours ago, Earl said:

I used it for my trunk handle on the compact. That stuff is great but very unforgiving if you have any nicks or imperfections 

very true. by 'coats well' i meant it lays flat and even, no wrinkle or orange peel. i even had a couple of pretty good size paint spatters on the plate filler that just evened out all on their own.

also, if its up to earl's standards, you know its good.

16 minutes ago, MattY said:

Do you have any alpinweiss ii parts you need to paint? I was gonna order a primed front valance and spoiler in the near future (i'd rather have a white on white lip) and we could cut down on paint costs if we tag team it.

I'd potentially be interested as well 

we are rolling now.  the SEM stuffs have arrived.

9QlSNp4.jpg

door panels done.  here's a comparison photo for reference. its hard to find direct comparisons online so hopefully this helps someone else down the line.

i couldn't be happier with the color and coverage. covers the old color, but all the vinyl texture is all still there. the final test will be how it holds up in the long run.

AmeCfkS.jpg

I used a product called Rub N' Restore from a mom and daughter shop in California when I did the sport seats for the e21. Heard great reviews about them, so I gave it a try. Loved how it applied and the final look is perfect. 

https://www.rubnrestore.com/

The SEM products you used were second on my list. Glad to see someone used it and has a positive outcome. Definitely keep it in mind for other projects for sure. Looks great Dan!!

I used a product called Rub N' Restore from a mom and daughter shop in California when I did the sport seats for the e21. Heard great reviews about them, so I gave it a try. Loved how it applied and the final look is perfect. 

https://www.rubnrestore.com/

The SEM products you used were second on my list. Glad to see someone used it and has a positive outcome. Definitely keep it in mind for other projects for sure. Looks great Dan!!

Rubnrestore

Definitely not clicking that link at work. Nice try fishface

• straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I shadowlined
  • straight6pwr changed the title to Hello. My name is Dan, and today I doomsday prepped