WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ILC's E92 M3

i_love_cars

Officially got the car today. We were supposed to just see the car today and go to the bank in the morning, but as soon as the seller met me and talked to me in person, she realized I'm not a shitfuck and I actually do have the ability to pay her for this car. She signed over the title and accepted my check on the spot. She paid for a hotel so that I can get a good early start driving back tomorrow at like 7 a.m. EST and still get home at a reasonable hour to Hartland. This car is unbelievably clean. I cannot think of a time where I have seen a nicer used car that wasn't a garage queen or restored. Every panel has plush red paint, no scratches on anything. The exterior is basically perfect other than the expected front bumper rock chips but even those are few and far between. 

The interior is, well, it's like new. The extended leather covering everything is all in perfect condition. I seriously cannot stress enough how happy I am with the condition of the car. I will have it at the October 15th cruise. My 135i may also be there as I am selling it on Saturday to a local friend who may be joining us for the cruise. 

For those who don't know, it's a 2011 6MT (obviously), CF roof, comp package, and all the options I care about - extended leather, enhanced sound, tech, and heated seats.

Mod Plans:
- I am currently in the process of buying a full Eisenmann race exhaust used from a guy for a very good price
- blacked out kidney grill and side gills
- black front splitter
- carbon fiber trunk lip
- M5 shift knob
- .....darker wheels when I have money again. I'm fucking broke now lol. 

Without further ado, here are the pictures from in-person. 

IMG_0487_zpsllsx47h3.jpg

IMG_0485_zpsgxxaap09.jpg

IMG_0483_zpsuc7l8e7l.jpg

IMG_0488_zpsnkhstufl.jpg

IMG_0489_zpsuo7ldeqh.jpg

IMG_0490_zpswxisulrv.jpg

Got started at 7 a.m. EST yesterday and got home at about 9:45 CST. 16 hour drive, nearly 1000 miles. Memorable moments from the trip include:

1) Janky old 1994 Cirrus going too fast down a hill in rain in the mountains and crashed at 90 mph into the guardrail that prevented all of them from sailing over a cliff. We got there just when they crashed so there was fresh glass and plastics everywhere. I used the M's superb handling capabilities to get through without popping a tire. 

2) Someone crashed real bad in Chicago on 294 N tollway getting off onto Roosevelt and caused like a 5 car pileup. This threw the idiot lemming drivers coming out of the tollbooths into complete disarray. I should've taken a picture but I was too busy trying to not get hit. There were probably 100 cars in the exit area past the tollbooth all trying to converge into a single small lane to get back onto 294 N because the other lane was lit up like a christmas tree. I've never seen so many cars at a dead stop at so many angles before. 6-7 tollbooths basically all with cars coming out trying to come all the way over to the far left side. It was crazy. I almost got rear ended like 3 times by stupid women texting in their cars doing 15 mph coming right out of the tollbooth. My nerves were racked and I yelled at a LOT of people out my window. LIke, how the FUCK do you not see, literally 15 yards in front of you, a literal SEA of cars at a complete stop. And you're just stomping the gas pedal coming out of the tollbooth and then swerving out of the way from hitting my fucking car. 

3) Exit signs for "Needmore Rd" that made me laugh a lot because all I could think about was an E46 M3 I was behind in June at Blackhawk who came in too hot for turn 6 and went off into the grass probably saying "SHIT I NEED MORE ROAD. FUCK!!" 

IMG_1614_zpsyf1xqzzk.jpg

Anyway the car made it home without incident other than bird shit on the rear windshield. 

Few mods ordered, still undecided on what exhaust to buy. I have black chrome kidneys coming, painted reflectors, and LUX headlight kit. Some if not all the parts will arrive this week, so photos will be forthcoming. 

Also just verified that my custom license plate ALL M0TR is still reserved in my name through December 16th of this year so I will be using that for the vanity plate on the car. 

Few mods ordered, still undecided on what exhaust to buy. I have black chrome kidneys coming, painted reflectors, and LUX headlight kit. Some if not all the parts will arrive this week, so photos will be forthcoming. 

Also just verified that my custom license plate ALL M0TR is still reserved in my name through December 16th of this year so I will be using that for the vanity plate on the car. 

dammit, SHTFCK

still waiting patiently

17 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I'm telling ya, just muffler delete.

I've heard the muffler delete too, sounded great! The akropovic exhaust sounds similar really but costs $$$. The LRP's came standard with the M Sport system which I really liked for a factory exhaust, not as loud but great tone if that's what you want. 

I can confirm that I am doing the "OEM mod" to the exhaust - it sounds good and is cheap. I also ordered a set of the EAS 80mm exhaust tips to remedy the fact that the stock exhaust tips look utterly terrible. 

I'm out about $1000 right now for new treated bearings, subframe hardware, oil pan gasket, etc. + winter storage oil change kit. But these were all planned expenses before I bought the car so oh well. 

9 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

car looks awesome, what color is that? i like the little big of orange showing up.

Melbourne Red. It's sweet because it really does change in interesting ways depending on the light. Definitely has a lot of metallic in it and oranges in the sunlight but is darker in the shade closer to my crimson red 135i but not quite that dark

i did stuff today! 

installed painted reflectors, black kidneys, LUX leds, and did an oil change for peace of mind despite the fact that I'm having new rod bearings put in soon. 

LUX installed on driver side, compared to stock on the passenger side:

IMG_0015_zpszc7f5vog.jpg

After full installation of everything:

IMG_0018_zps3vahlnwf.jpg

IMG_0019_zpsjp3bvzlu.jpg

IMG_0016_zpstog4pogh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/3/2016 at 10:13 AM, jc43089 said:

Can the mirrors even fold?

There's a fancy-pants button that does that. 

Ok it has been a while. I don't have any cool projects like I did last year when I upgraded the turbo on the 135i. 

I did, however, pick up a used Eisenmann race exhaust, F10 shift knob, and some aesthetic mods - trunk spoiler, diffuser, and powdercoated the ZCP wheels in gunmetal gloss. 

The exhaust is hanging a bit low (i have it balanced on jackstands) because I'm still waiting on the diffuser to get here. So in the video, that isn't how low the exhaust would normally sit once it is fully buttoned up.