WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ILC's E92 M3

i_love_cars

2 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

Mfw those seats are worth more then all my assets combined 😂

I felt bad for the guy I bought them from. He ordered a ton of shit for his M3 and got in over his head, spent too much and had to liquidate. He paid 7k for the seats and didn't even get to use them as the rest of his car was still in pieces, and he sold them to me 3 weeks later for 5k. 

5 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

I felt bad for the guy I bought them from. He ordered a ton of shit for his M3 and got in over his head, spent too much and had to liquidate. He paid 7k for the seats and didn't even get to use them as the rest of his car was still in pieces, and he sold them to me 3 weeks later for 5k. 

Thats awesome! Good deal on some new seats! Find them local?

Just now, Rekpoint said:

Thats awesome! Good deal on some new seats! Find them local?

yup, picked them up in the dirtiest of the dirty parts of Racine. @dastuz was with me and was like "you're sure we aren't just going here to get mugged?" There were active drug dealers on the streets as we drove through the trailer park lolol 

14 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

yup, picked them up in the dirtiest of the dirty parts of Racine. @dastuz was with me and was like "you're sure we aren't just going here to get mugged?" There were active drug dealers on the streets as we drove through the trailer park lolol 

People need to get their prioritys straight. Could've used 7k to help out a down payment on a house 😂

35 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

People need to get their prioritys straight. Could've used 7k to help out a down payment on a house 😂

You got it. Financial sense is not the strong suit of the general population since schools and most parents don't really teach things that would otherwise raise financial intelligence. I have friends that I have had to coach on how to do a written budget, and it's like uhhh if you can add / subtract, you can definitely figure this out people. 

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Wow! Thanks for the new wallpapers. How did this opportunity come about?

thanks bud. I'm part of a private group that had been looking for a world-class photographer to fly in to Wisconsin to shoot our cars, and with the COVID restrictions Pepper has been grounded internationally since March when he had to ditch a shoot he was doing for Lexus in Siberia. So we were able to book him and just split cost up between 12 cars. He was here for 3 days and it was probably the most fascinating time I've had talking with a car person. That guy's life has been so interesting, and he was really down to earth and humble. We had all kinds of cars being shot - a couple of Mustangs, a 370z, a Subaru, a huracan performante, mclaren 720, AMG E63S wagon, R8, GTR, and a couple others. All of the cars received a lovely treatment as far as photos were concerned. I downloaded the entire set and will be rotating some of my favorites as wallpapers. My friend's orange Huracan came out amazing since it was shot at sunset. 

• 3 weeks later...