WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

FuturisticConcept Art BMW E36 with a V8 on a bottom dollar budget

Jdesign

So I got the whole water pump deal back into the car for the second time, only to realize that it was still leaking from somewhere. It turns out that if you own a Ford you have to get really use to taking things apart more than once. So what happened is there is a second set of holes in the timing cover for an older style waterpump. SBF's have been around and in production for a longggg time. Apparently my understanding is that I have a reverse rotating timing cover which is common for older carb'd 302's and mine is a newer fuel injected motor and I am using a regular rotating water pump.

Nice. 

So I can run this timing cover but I will need to thread some type of plugs into the bolt holes that the coolant is leaking out of. Ughh.

leakin.jpg

On the more aesthetic side of things, I have come to the conclusion that I am going to add some red accents to the car to make it seem more, uh demonic or devilish? I ordered red window tint and plan on adding some red halos and red leds here and there like so:

3458250216_a39bbbd069_b.jpgHilman.jpgc8547fcf1e82c09c9d70194cc5bd9e5e.jpg

chewy1_2420_watermark-3kandy.jpg

59 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I'm greatly enjoying this thread. 
It's amusing having two active threads of cars that we don't truly care about! 

The red tint should be interesting, that's for sure! 
Any plans of throwing a huge wing on the back of the car? 

Thanks everyone! I am glad to hear everyone likes the red tint idea. I was slightly skeptical at first but now I am fully devoted since I have some supporters.

I do have plans to toss a massive rear wing on the car. But I am also trying really hard to keep everything low budget. I want to be able to smash this thing into a wall and not worry about how my wallets feels after the fact. I was thinking it might be cheaper to just make a duckbill spoiler vs buying a wing. If anyone has an idea on where I can find a big, dumb, idiotic, monstrosity of a wing for a good price, please share.

I will be making a splittter, and a rear diffuser for the car as I already have the materials, I just need the time and a plan. So far I was looksing at some of the following:

11881783_904065033010307_224974352_n.jpg12224694_1523556801297859_648433461_n.jpgZfHFbn7.jpgBmw-E36-Rear-Boot-Ducktail-Drift-Spoiler-_57.jpg16864622627_9a4de75009_o.jpg

29 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I don't know why it does it for me, but the back of that red e36 is gorgeous. 
I have wanted to do some crap like that to my e30 for awhile now...

The downside is that they are indeed expensive!
A friend used plexi, a couple of hinges, and turnbuckles to put an adjustable plexiglass duckbill on the back of his e30. 

Ive seen it done many times for pennies. But big wangs are just awesome. Best deal i have found so far was $180 and thats without uprights.

15 hours ago, Earl said:

I would say too lazy to cut slits into the bumper to fit around the uprights instead of too cheap 

I also agree with this at the same time.
Edit: There is quite a bit more too it than just slitting the bumper. Since the wing is mounted to a structural point (bumper mounts) there would be a good amount of work to make the bumper mount up again. 

Free wang?! Excellent!

11 minutes ago, i_love_cars said:

Just left the Look What I Found thread from watching bad photos. Now I come here and see this shit. 

Why is everyone being so offensive to my visual senses with other people's horrible car modification ideas?! I feel that this forum is no longer a safe space for me and my mental well-being is at stake.

I'm suing. 

You actually do have a couple of options! I am here to help you through your journey. 
First option would be navigating to the upper right hand corner of the top of this page and selecting "Sign Out"
This will remove your ability to post your opinions, but will not remove said "offensive" things from your screen. I would recommend following this up with second option.

Capture

The second option would be to simply go the the upper right hand corner of your browser (you seem like the Internet Explorer kind of guy) so once it decides to start responding, you will be able to select that nice looking X.

Capture2

This will remove the page from your view, and then you can proceed to cuddle up in your snuggie and gently rock yourself back and forth while being concerned that people aren't doing "IS Lips, BBS RS, and a drop". I know that originality is hard for some, but eventually you will be able to break the confines of your cookie cutter car modifications.

2 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

You actually do have a couple of options! I am here to help you through your journey. 
First option would be navigating to the upper right hand corner of the top of this page and selecting "Sign Out"
This will remove your ability to post your opinions, but will not remove said "offensive" things from your screen. I would recommend following this up with second option.

Capture

The second option would be to simply go the the upper right hand corner of your browser (you seem like the Internet Explorer kind of guy) so once it decides to start responding, you will be able to select that nice looking X.

Capture2

This will remove the page from your view, and then you can proceed to cuddle up in your snuggie and gently rock yourself back and forth while being concerned that people aren't doing "IS Lips, BBS RS, and a drop". I know that originality is hard for some, but eventually you will be able to break the confines of your cookie cutter car modifications.

Thank you sir, this has been an insightful and informative read, other than the fact that (because I'm clearly an IE kinda guy), I'm still on Internet Exploder 6 and some of these options you mention do not seem to render correctly in my browser. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, i_love_cars said:

Thank you sir, this has been an insightful and informative read, other than the fact that (because I'm clearly an IE kinda guy), I'm still on Internet Exploder 6 and some of these options you mention do not seem to render correctly in my browser. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

If you click rapidly in any area on the browser you should be able to get it to crash (which you are familiar with, right?) which will have the same end result as the second option stated in the original instructions.

Haha, the opportunity was too good to pass up. 

4 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

If you click rapidly in any area on the browser you should be able to get it to crash (which you are familiar with, right?) which will have the same end result as the second option stated in the original instructions.

That's some quality problem solving right there. I had forgotten about that feature. I am used to watching my mouse slowly skip across the screen because my CPU (that's the hard drive, right?!) keeps telling me it is infected with all kinds of malware because I can't stop clicking on free shit ads. My credit card company also recently called me for some reason about unauthorized access to my account and that I should look into something called "MFA". 

As such it can be hard to center the cursor on anything and sometimes it just freezes before I even click. 

In fact, this is starting to make me think the Internet is not a safe space and that offends me. Does anyone know who I can contact to sue the Internet??

edit: BBS reps 4 lyf

That's some quality problem solving right there. I had forgotten about that feature. I am used to watching my mouse slowly skip across the screen because my CPU (that's the hard drive, right?!) keeps telling me it is infected with all kinds of malware because I can't stop clicking on free shit ads. My credit card company also recently called me for some reason about unauthorized access to my account and that I should look into something called "MFA". 

As such it can be hard to center the cursor on anything and sometimes it just freezes before I even click. 

In fact, this is starting to make me think the Internet is not a safe space and that offends me. Does anyone know who I can contact to sue the Internet??

edit: BBS reps 4 lyf

The inventor, Al Gore