WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

FuturisticConcept Art BMW E36 with a V8 on a bottom dollar budget

Jdesign

The whole mix of flat and gloss black with red just doesn't sound futuristic to me. Are you sanding through the paint down to metal and primer in spots to give it the weathered look that KHYZYL SALEEM usually goes for? I think sanding off all of the paint down to bare brushed metal and clearing it like the hood of your civic would really give you that futuristic look. With the red windows it would really pop since I've seen quite a few future concepts with colored "glass" 

khyzyl-saleem-mx5finallow.jpg?1443926962

khyzyl-saleem-9592small.jpg

So I was considering cutting into a bunch of body panels and back lighting them with red LEDS. Does anyone have an idea on what kind of tool would make it easy to cut into the body panels and navigate freely? I was thinking some type of rotary tool but idk if its going to wander and make it hard to maintain a straight cut. Heres an example of what I have in mind.

Glowfender.jpg

that fender idea is killer.   but glowing red lights?  are you a tasteless 16 y.o. who just got his license?

idea: put a pipe or group of pipes or some heavy cabling in the fender so it looks like its a heat vent for something inside. flexible ducting? colored pvc? maybe fill the fender with hitch nuts so people walk up and are like WTF?!

also, whats the obsession with red? not a very futuristic color. more of an apocalyptic/rat rod color.  here i did some very in depth research and found some better color options:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_colors

I'm thinking Hooloovoo.

6 hours ago, Earl said:

the only way that tool could be more awesome is if they installed a speaker and it said 'nom nom nom nom' as it cut.

I understand he said futuristic but in the end it's doing what he feels. I think this is more of a what the f*** just drove by build, correct me if I'm wrong. 

I like the idea of having some tubes going through the fender is cool, mb have lcd screen in there so it looks like there is radioactive goo or flames flowing through them?

10 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

that fender idea is killer.   but glowing red lights?  are you a tasteless 16 y.o. who just got his license?

This is what fuels me to do weird things, I love when people seem to hate what is going on. 
I wish I got more of that with the lifted e30 lol, it makes it so much more entertaining!

Keep doing what you're doing, and the fender cutouts are pretty neat looking! 
You could also do a vent like you will see on DP Corvettes or many race cars, but that's a bit more typical. 

12 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

idea: put a pipe or group of pipes or some heavy cabling in the fender so it looks like its a heat vent for something inside. flexible ducting? colored pvc? maybe fill the fender with hitch nuts so people walk up and are like WTF?!

also, whats the obsession with red? not a very futuristic color. more of an apocalyptic/rat rod color.  here i did some very in depth research and found some better color options:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_colors

I'm thinking Hooloovoo.

I perfer eleventeen, thank you very much.

Its red or green. I still havent decided. I keep debating between the two, but the red moon roof and red window tint is making me stick to red. The green might make it look X-mas-ish adding it with the windows.

Pipes and wires are a must, and I have a collection of them I am waiting to add. I just need to start cutting body panels first. 

Also I had no idea there was such ting as fictional colors. LOL

11 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Juice

This^ 

6 hours ago, Daggerty said:

I understand he said futuristic but in the end it's doing what he feels. I think this is more of a what the f*** just drove by build, correct me if I'm wrong. 

I like the idea of having some tubes going through the fender is cool, mb have lcd screen in there so it looks like there is radioactive goo or flames flowing through them?

This is interesting. I didn't really consider adding motion to the LEDs. A screen is a good idea too. Hmmmmmmm.......

1 hour ago, GunMetalGrey said:

This is what fuels me to do weird things, I love when people seem to hate what is going on. 
I wish I got more of that with the lifted e30 lol, it makes it so much more entertaining!

Keep doing what you're doing, and the fender cutouts are pretty neat looking! 
You could also do a vent like you will see on DP Corvettes or many race cars, but that's a bit more typical. 

Thanks, and it sure does :P 

Not sure what vent you are referring to, the one in the fender of the vette? I am going to be cutting the lower half of the fender off because both sides are completely destroyed, and plan on using some Hvac ducting to create some venting like this:

30332792795_b3f8b5fd9d_o (1).jpg

1 hour ago, GunMetalGrey said:

546b74cb2d0be_-_2012-motorsports-corve68
The vents over the front wheels

Ahhhh. I see. Yeah but the fenders are not very wide, so it just wouldnt look right I think. I do plan on doing something similar to the hood, I just need to find materials and come up with a solid plan.

41 minutes ago, Bassboy3313 said:

I'd think even orange leds with the red moon roof and red tinted glass would be cool if you wanted to change it up and not go all red.

This is true. Stick to a warm color palate would be okay. 

Red tint just came in, Window Tinting Party TONIGHT!!! Whos down for some beers, and burning E36 parts?

So I got the tint in the mail last week, and decided to install it this weekend. I was more than disappointed, but its my own fault. I ordered the cheapest tint I could find and I got what I paid for. FAIL. A roll of tint arrived in a plastic bag instead of a cardboard tube like every other roll of film I have ever ordered. This means; all the way from China, it was tossed, bashed, and bent.

Great. 

I spent as much time as I could prepping, cleaning, and applying the film and windows, but the quality and the damage were fighting me the whole time. Ughhh. This is where the $12 roll of tint was probably much better than the $8 roll. FML. 

I removed the rear windows to make my life easier, which was also a mission, because the drivers side latch was broken, and a previous owner thought it was best to silicone the whole window shut <_<. If anyone has a driver side window latch, I will buy it from you!

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG