WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Road America Auto Cross (oct 9th)

KaiserRolls

• 1 month later...

Cool air = fun. Happy engines with more power.

If you're an autox addict, tires are the wild card though. Depending on compound and how they handle or need heat in autox conditions you can have bricks with less stick or on the plus side tires that get less greasy in back to back runs.

For non addicts (you have no idea what tire blankets are, you think a plant sprayer is for plants, etc) it's all grins. Enjoy!

Why are there so many Priuses!?  Anyone who lost to one of them has to feel like a real piece of shit!

It was one yellow Prius with 4 people co-driving it. They trailered it in and out. I was so confused.

Nice job on the time Mitch!

Thanks dude! Tires helped a bunch. I definitely could have been in the 40s on the last run but I let off throttle like 15 feet before the finish. Watched it on video and cried over and over.

Glad you could make it. It was interesting watching your car try to murder you all the time.

53 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Thanks dude! Tires helped a bunch. I definitely could have been in the 40s on the last run but I let off throttle like 15 feet before the finish. Watched it on video and cried over and over.

Glad you could make it. It was interesting watching your car try to murder you all the time.

Yeah, I saw that run and was surprised when I saw that you still ran a 50 second time even while letting off. Didn't know why you did that but oh well :confused:

Yeah, I saw that run and was surprised when I saw that you still ran a 50 second time even while letting off. Didn't know why you did that but oh well :confused:

It is a constant reminder of all the poor decisions I've made.

10 hours ago, FieroSS said:

What a great event! It was my first auto-x and I will certainly be running more in the future. 

I was driving the E39 Touring and it was crazy fun!

-Tim

The 528? Looked like you were driving the wheels off that thing. Nicely done, sir.

7 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

7th place overall. Had to beat a lot of fast cars to post a time like that. I'll have to catch a ride with you next time. Good times!