WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

You can only own 3 cars for the rest of your life, what are they?

suspenceful

If I were BMWs only...

• BMW i8 - daily driver
  • F82 M4 - track rat - full bolt ons, E85, upgraded turbo, etc.
  • E30 M3 - weekend cruiser - LS swapped with a turbo, to piss off all the purists

Any vehicle ever made...

• Lamborghini Huracan
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • C7 Z06 with boost

Obviously something like a Pagani would be nice, but I'm trying to keep it somewhat realistic. So what are everyone else's top choices? It can be anything.

On 8/13/2016 at 2:31 PM, vng704 said:

Tacoma bc truck, nismo ztune r34 bc fun car, corolla bc reliable gas efficient 4 door.

any three cars in the world and 2 of them are a Tacoma and a Corolla... worst 17th post i've ever seen. ;)

Tacoma ---- why not a Land Rover Defender, or an H1 Hummer, or if regular pickups are your thing an SVT Raptor or F350 King Ranch?

Corolla --- why not an AUDI TDI, Mercedes E250 BlueTec, BMW 328d -- all 4 doors, some with BETTER mpgs than a Corolla

quick list for me:

McLaren F1 -- coolest car ever made.

e34 m5 Touring, boosted, upgraded suspension and tow package -- DD and tow vehicle

One of the original e30 m3 DTM 'Warsteiner' cars -- race weekends and shows and making kids go 'cool!' and women swoon

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I thought this car was a no brainer for anyone.  This is a dream car for me.  If I won the lottery and it was in the $40mil plus territory you can god damn guarantee I am blowing $16+ million on a McLaren F1.

1) 600hp S70 - a BMW fan's holy grail

2) Center driving position - why is no one else doing this?!

3) Scissor doors, side compartments, 3 seats - a little bit of everyday practicality in a supercar

4)The styling is f*in perfect - bold, but not garish. great proportions. has that short wheelbase look, sports cars look better smaller.

28 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

A techno violet E34 M5 touring as a daily

bravo! i was just staring at those the other day wondering if the ridicule and the happiness (of owning a purple car) would balance out?

17 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

any three cars in the world and 2 of them are a Tacoma and a Corolla... worst 17th post i've ever seen. ;)

Tacoma ---- why not a Land Rover Defender, or an H1 Hummer, or if regular pickups are your thing an SVT Raptor or F350 King Ranch?

Corolla --- why not an AUDI TDI, Mercedes E250 BlueTec, BMW 328d -- all 4 doors, some with BETTER mpgs than a Corolla

quick list for me:

McLaren F1 -- coolest car ever made.

e34 m5 Touring, boosted, upgraded suspension and tow package -- DD and tow vehicle

One of the original e30 m3 DTM 'Warsteiner' cars -- race weekends and shows and making kids go 'cool!' and women swoon

lol, well, thread title implies that you're stuck with them for life. So I considered what I could probably afford to maintain. Never would of chosen an audi, merc, or bmw for that category because although they're nice and may have better mpgs, they're not as historically reliable, one of the main reasons I chose the Corolla. Even then, I definitely could've chosen a more exciting car.  Since maintenance isn't anyone's concern, lets try this again.

Truck: Mercedes 6x6 G because probably most bad ass truck ever.

Weekend: Ferrari Laferrari because soo sexy.

4door dd: Audi RS6 because 4 door with cargo space cool dad car. Forget mpg efficiency because we're e-rich using internet money anyways.

How's that?