WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e30 LS

Nick_08

Didn't bother with a full build thread, it's well documented. But if you have questions...shoot. Here's some random pictures. I'll post up some videos when it's running.

Looking forward to some meets near Eau Claire.

A little bit about the motor:

LS1

T56

Spec stage 3 clutch

MS3 Cam with supporting dual valve springs, titanium retainers, push rods

LS6 intake

Ported throttle body

e372bd68faf858cf20ce36a4547dd87b.jpg

8c0faca511fcc455ebef085eae86d0f1.jpgc21acafb99c80aab4ad35c512af412c9.jpg

0e9911d963f9bced61ec5d50a4dada5f.jpgaa167c130b0bf824ef84f4c4df15cfff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaiser this is just for fun. I'm not sure where you can drift, auto x in EC. There is a strip just south of me so I do wanna go there.

Do you do auto x or anything around here?

We use to have 2 autox days a year, one at the small tech lot and the other at the larger. We recently lost the small tech lot due to complaints. So we're down to one super local event a year. Otherwise it's off to dctc in MN. For drift stuff you pretty much have to go to shawano (can also do hpde there) or the dells.

Strip as in rock falls?

Thanks gents, wasn't too sure what feedback I would get. Seems a lot of people jump shit for putting a GM motor in these cars. I'm just looking for that reliable 400whp vs my old high strung m20 running 18psi just waiting for the headgasket to let loose.

I've always been in EC. Only other person I can think of from menominie on here was Karl...(?) I can't remember. Think he had an m50 swapped e30 something or other

Yeah I don't recall either...I haven't been on the forums for a year or so.

No build thread. I actually bought it swapped to save both time and money. Lots of changes coming soon. Currently is a stock LS with t56. Power is ok, I have a built ls1(block and crank are literally the only things left stock) going in that will be good for another honest 100whp. Things ended up getting really expensive really fast haha.

On 7/21/2016 at 10:03 AM, Nick_08 said:

Thanks gents, wasn't too sure what feedback I would get. Seems a lot of people jump shit for putting a GM motor in these cars. I'm just looking for that reliable 400whp vs my old high strung m20 running 18psi just waiting for the headgasket to let loose.

Come on man, it's not *that* bad, especially with the new tune. You shoulda gone 2jz brah! 

j/k, man, I just happened to see this thread come up in a search and created an account just to come in here and give you grief. That engine totally suits your car, I want to see a vid when you start it up! 

Rob

Come on man, it's not *that* bad, especially with the new tune. You shoulda gone 2jz brah! 

j/k, man, I just happened to see this thread come up in a search and created an account just to come in here and give you grief. That engine totally suits your car, I want to see a vid when you start it up! 

Rob

Rob! Just finished almost all the wiring yesterday. I'll have to post up some pics it turned out pretty clean.