WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My first track experience was at the Nurburgring in the wet

TehRaydarlover

Awesome! I hope to visit there some day

was it a big let-down that it rained? or was that kind of a good thing to keep you from going too fast and becoming an Armco consumer?

from http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php

Cost of crashing on the Nurburgring

These include Armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter fees. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

• Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
  • Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
  • Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
  • Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
  • Replacing armco post: €39 each
  • Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
  • Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
  • Recovery truck: €250 (inc VAT)
  • Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)

Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

2 hours ago, Snap said:

Awesome! I hope to visit there some day

was it a big let-down that it rained? or was that kind of a good thing to keep you from going too fast and becoming an Armco consumer?

It was a little bit of a let down, but we still got to drive it. It was more of just increasing the fear of crashing haha. One of the RSR cars actually did crash. I'm not sure what kind of damage happened, but it didn't look too bad. We went to the track early and watched the factory cars go around before it was open to the public. Took some sweet videos of an M4 GTS, camo Aston Martin, and Mercedes GT. It was an awesome day haha.