WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Mr Strugglebein

StriggityStrack

Over the past couple years of working on and owning BMW's I have come to realize one thing. The term "BMW enthusiast" is synonymous and often confused with a mental disorder known as masochism. Lets face it, we don't really enjoy driving these meticulously engineered performance machines as much as we do the feeling of complete and utter failure when they break. Don't get me wrong, BMW engineers squeeze out every ounce of performance and their reputation proceeds them, but tight tolerances require a lot of maintenance and specialty parts are not cheap. 

So for all you fellow masochists I would like to share a journal of all of my countless mishaps starting today. Not for help or attention, but so that I can finally keep track of my general problems both large and small. Hopefully, when I am having a horrible day, I will be able to look back at these experiences and remind myself that in these tough times I should always strive to make it a little worse. "The best fix to any problem is to simply create another problem much larger that the first." - Me                                                                                                                 

Feel free to comment or troll. I only ask that you do not give me any positive reinforcement. 

-Joe-

9 minutes ago, Snap said:

didnt even read your post. just lol'd at the thread title. 

Now im going back to read the post. 

EDIT:  

Oil looks good,  send a sample in for an analysis just to be sure your bearings are completely effed. 

Then do a complete rebuild by pouring some of this in. 

k2-_5947e4b1-a3bb-422f-9161-5594ed5bb48e

I am also going to cut up my AAA card. Just to make things interesting. 

14 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

Currently dying laughing at the first post haha

Make sure to put the pieces of your AAA card down the hole labelled "OIL" 

Wait how do you know about that hiding spot???? I thought I was clever by putting all my drill shavings there instead of lugging them all the way to the trash. Nobody has time for that shit... I guess great minds really do think alike.