WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Madison Alignment Recommendations

reckedhim

1 hour ago, suspenceful said:

Low profile tires and wheel weights have nothing to do with alignments.

Are you looking for someone to mount/balance tires? Or throw your car on a rack?

No mounting or balancing is needed.  That's why I don't understand why the two places I've gone to wouldn't do it.

When I first tried years ago to get an alignment on the e30 at the regular chain places they begged off saying BMWs were too complicated...no clue that the only thing you can adjust on a stock e30 is front toe.

If you're located east of Madison, and willing to drive to Okonomowoc the folks at Big Bear Tire or Lake Country Alignment do good work.

Just now, Boris3 said:

When I first tried years ago to get an alignment on the e30 at the regular chain places they begged off saying BMWs were too complicated...no clue that the only thing you can adjust on a stock e30 is front toe.

If you're located east of Madison, and willing to drive to Okonomowoc the folks at Big Bear Tire or Lake Country Alignment do good work.

Yea, I've heard good things about them.  I'll probably end up going there.

They had rim clamp style sensors and couldn't get the clamps between the tire and wheel.  Hunter has tire clamp style sensors on their Hawkeye Elites that should work.

***NOT WHEEL WEIGHTS***

BMW calls for actual weight in the driver seat, pass seat, middle back seat and at least a half tank of gas to properly align the car unless the shop is using the proprietary BMW software that will take that into account when the car is compensated.  Without doing that theres no guarantee your tires will wear evenly.

I may be able to help you out otherwise take it to BMW or Big Bear in oconomowoc.

• 3 months later...