WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

335i exhaust PE mod

reckedhim

I removed OE mufflers from a 335i and installed thrush glass packs, blasphemy I know, but it was cheap and sounded good. I welded it up with the OE tips so it doesn't look different unless you bend down and look underneath. Sounds even better after the big single swap, 6468 I think. Find Chris welter and ask him if he is sick of it yet. Car has mega power.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Chris Welter said:

PE mod is easy.. either take and disconnect the vacuum line to the exhaust flapper and plug it. Or you can reach on the drivers side in the trunk by the taillight and disconnect the solenoid plug. Works good, only really makes a difference at low speeds and idling.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

You're thinking Golf Tee mod.

PE mod is easy.. either take and disconnect the vacuum line to the exhaust flapper and plug it. Or you can reach on the drivers side in the trunk by the taillight and disconnect the solenoid plug. Works good, only really makes a difference at low speeds and idling.

You're thinking Golf Tee mod.

Ahh yes, sorry about that one! Just get a circuit werks exhaust off eBay, sounds good, Cheap and stainless!

• 1 year later...

I did this on my car without removing the resonators or secondary cats.  I love it!  I've heard my car from outside and it sounds a lot better then I expected.  From inside the car with all of the windows down it puts a smile on my face.  It's sporty without being loud or obnoxious.  I've had others tell me it sounds good from a roll as well.  I'd highly recommend it if you don't want to spend the money on an exhaust.  I'm not familiar with the Circuit Werks exhaust but looking at it, it appears to be a no-name exhaust sold by Circuit Werks.  If I were to spend money on an exhaust i'd go with the VRSF.

15 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I did this on my car without removing the resonators or secondary cats.  I love it!  I've heard my car from outside and it sounds a lot better then I expected.  From inside the car with all of the windows down it puts a smile on my face.  It's sporty without being loud or obnoxious.  I've had others tell me it sounds good from a roll as well.  I'd highly recommend it if you don't want to spend the money on an exhaust.  I'm not familiar with the Circuit Werks exhaust but looking at it, it appears to be a no-name exhaust sold by Circuit Werks.  If I were to spend money on an exhaust i'd go with the VRSF.

Thanks for the clip.  Would most exhaust shops do this for me if I told them what I wanted?

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I wouldn't say most but some will.  My Service Manager in Madison recommended Exhaust Pros or Speedy Muffler.  He said he has talked to guys that have gotten custom exhaust work done by them and they were happy.  

I went to Exhaust Pros once and the dude was a dick.  Seems like that's a pretty common theme in the reviews online.  Maybe I'll see if Speedy can do it.

• 2 years later...