WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Guilty pleasure

Rowleym

Haha it has an air filter now. It's fresh engine break in so I'm using 10-30 brad penn 

Fic 2150cc
Buschur double pump
8an lines 
Pte6766 bb 
Tial 44 mm gate
Fp5r 11r cams
Evolution dynamics ported head, 1mm stainless valves
It's a 2.1 super long rod
Manley crank
Carillo rods
Cp pistons 11:1 
compression
Hayes trans with 4.10 final drive 
Hayes t case
Hayes diff
Still on stock axles

I honestly have only changed the oil and drove it around the block. Need an idle valve I'm getting this weekend. Then I'll street tune it on wastegate pressure, then bring it to the dyno for mbt tuning  

Should easily clear 900whp on e85, but I'm shooting for 6-700whp daily. 

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

you keep telling yourself that.

Lmao. To clarify, it's using a 4g64 block with is 6+mm deck height, and larger bore. So, stock rods are 150mm, long rods are normally 156, and these are 162. 

Ill be be shifting at 9500 or so, but I can reliably rev to 11k+ if I had a dog box and dry sump lol 

7 minutes ago, andyhundley said:

You should probably buy a shitbox Corolla to get you to work. 

Still have lots of cars. 02 wrx wag, 91 s13, 4x e30's(2 running and driving ha) have my dually flat bed Isuzu. 

But im not kidding. i bought an evo to drive every damn day and that's what it's gonna do. my drive to work is one of my favorite things, and this car will be made for that exactly. 

21 minutes ago, wasnt m3 said:

Did you just use the word "reliably" in reference to an Evo? We'll see.

Haha it relative. It technically is more reliable versus a shorter rod. This thing has like 1.8 rod ratio lol. 

But i put 7k miles and 20+ launchs and 3 sets of tires thru my last evo(which had stock trans and t case) and it never broke a sweat. By far the most reliable car I've owned. It was also at 140k when I traded. 

20 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Where'd you find it?

Wisconsin evo owners. Dude traded an evo motor swapped rwd mustang for it, drove to Texas for it, and then I traded my car for it before he even drove it lol. He's having his second kid now and needed something reasonable. 

4 active posters on here and the only thing you guys have to post about is a broken mitsu turd haha. 

Spun a rod bearing first time driving it more or less. Retard who assembled the block didn't check the main clearances, just believing that the manley crank was good because it was new. They were all over the place. 

Oh well. At least it happened under zero load, and everything is just fine. sending the crank out tomorrow for grinding and re-nitriding, and same with the rods. Block is perfect, and so are the bores. Machine work was good, just a stupid PO who assembled. it. 

He also put the floater plate on the QM twin disc on backwards LOL. Which is amazing to me, how do you buy a new clutch like that and install it wrong? Its literally brand new, looks like it never had a single pull done. 

Give me another couple weeks and hopefully all is well!