WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Guilty pleasure

Rowleym

I figured this would be interesting. We all love bmw's, thats for sure. But are there any cars that you own, or want, that are non bmw? 

Ill start. Always wanted one ever since I was a kid, I always loved the box looking flares, yet its a sedan that has all the practicality one would need. Very easy to work on, very affordable, and I can make it INCREDIBLY fast, and handle very well all in one package, yet drive it every single day (AWD). 

IMG_6927.sized.jpg

I spent a lot of time in years past reading Super Street magazine, and have a deep love of all things JDM. I'd kill for an NSX, FD, MR2, or my dream car.... A Hakosuka.

I've also always had a thing for super clean EK hatches... If I ever find a clean unmolested one in white, I'll be hard pressed not to buy it.

I grew up playing gran turismo 2 so i'm going to have to sound like a fanboi and say a few from Nissan's stable.  This get's even more tempting having an importer here in Janesville that constantly has R32's and Silvia's on hand.  The R32 GT-R, R33 GT-R R34 GT-R (in midnight purple), S15 Silvia or S13 Sil80.  Hell, i'd even be tempted by a Skyline GT-S!  I also have a deep seated love for Mustangs so I don't know if I could pass up on a 60's fastback.

nissan_silvia_spec-r_aero_s15_2002.jpg

Anything and everything 2 stroke Honda (not a car but idgaf)

This is a dream build one day....8e5a0addab4983542132f93beeda9ca8.jpg

Cr500 bored and stroked to 600. Swapped into an aluminum frame. Kind of a throwback to the old "service Honda" bikes. Not to mention 93rwhp in a 210lb package would be an absolute riot. Plus watching your friends try to kick it over would be fantastic

more on the 'wish' list side: not sure why the f50 gets so much hate, but I love the thing. i wouldn't rock it in convertible mode, though.

ferrari-f50-wallpaper-18976.jpg

more on the practical side, if i had some money for get a 'weekend' car, a Viper GTS would be at the top of my list.

unforgettable-1990-cars-dodge-viper-gts-

and yes, i would be acting like a knucklehead american doing burnouts and wearing bald eagle t-shirts if i owned one.

I'm getting ready for the hate.

I love tiny quirky cars.  Kei cars (Suzuki Alto Works RSR and Every Van), Trabants, and the BMW 700 are on the short list.

eYTRD3311.jpg

I rode in a Suzuki Carry once (no rear seats, just fronts) and sat in a lawn chair in the back. Not a lot of headroom when doing that. I will try to find the picture

GTA was on my list. Before I bought my e21 i seriously considered an Alfetta "Sport Sedan" that was on ebay before passing up due to excess doors (not this one of course):

6149374811_ce26ff75b6_b.jpg

Twist my head around evey time I see one of those olde Mercedes wagons...

Land Rover Defenders are cool too, but like old Alfas, I file them in the I-dont-hate-myself-or-my-wallet-that-much category.

Also like just about any late 60s/early 70s Datsuns. 510, 620, 240z, doesn't matter.

'65 Riviera

4618792193_8b25d766f1_o.jpg

None of those are really guilty pleasures though, I just like them.

How about slammed Foresters?

img_4165.jpg

Most of you guys chose cool cars. I thought the guilty pleasure thing was to choose something you like that's dumb, like Rowley and I did.

This. A lot of you just chose neat cars lol. I Was more hoping for cars that you secretly like yet don't tell your friends kind of thing haha. You would never see me with a Mitsubishi flag in my garage... But I couldn't help myself to buy one.

I spent a lot of time in years past reading Super Street magazine, and have a deep love of all things JDM. I'd kill for an NSX, FD, MR2, or my dream car.... A Hakosuka.

I've also always had a thing for super clean EK hatches... If I ever find a clean unmolested one in white, I'll be hard pressed not to buy it.

Love me some super street... Currently sitting next to 40+ copies. Along with a ton of other modified mags

My new nomination: attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1450966163.837922.jpg Take a white Corolla XRS with the high revving yamaha vvtli engine and undress it to poverty spec then fit it with aftermarket suspension that sits at stock ride height.

roll up to the line at an autocross, fully decked out like the stig. people are laughing like what is this guys deal. then bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz