WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My name is Earl, and I have a Stainless Steel bolt fetish =)

Earl

Guest Laishes

Yea Ive taken apart a running m20 that was two teeth off and no problems(ran like poopy). There is some slack before valve/piston interferance. 

What do you mean by teeth? M20s utilize a timing belt rather than a timing chain like their m30 counterparts?

Yea Ive taken apart a running m20 that was two teeth off and no problems(ran like poopy). There is some slack before valve/piston interferance.

What do you mean by teeth? M20s utilize a timing belt rather than a timing chain like their m30 counterparts?

Hahahah technicalities technicalities.

You know what I meant dammit! :)

It seems I am having a hard time working with Adams Rotors on getting the right ones made. For some reason, Centric doesn't show that Compacts had the option for vented front rotors unless it was a 98 or 99. Adams Rotors goes by what Centric says instead of the RealOem diagram that I supplied.

I just want to recoup some of the cost so I can get the proper fronts. Get someone to buy these please:

http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/2398-feeler-e36-front-rotors/

From what I can gather that is correct. They are the largest OE supplier of rotors and somehow do not know that compacts before 1998 had the option  for either solid or vented fronts. It seems I am getting parts of the blame for that for who knows what reason. Centric only shows few I's and then IS's got vented fronts that are the same diameter as mine.